1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling I'll ruin my lesbian relationship...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BooM, Jun 8, 2014.

1. BooM

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    But of a long story so I'll try and keep it fairly simple.

I came out when I was 17 and had my first girlfriend (12 years my senior!).

I had had sexual encounters with men prior to this but I had never returned to the same person...even ending a 6 month relationship a day after being intimate with him for the first time.

From coming out I had a fair few one night stands and small relationships as well as a couple more long standing relationships. But in between I found myself falling into bed with male friends.

I met my current partner in 2010 and by 2012 she'd 'dumped' me I don't know how many times but continued to live with me. We eventually stopped being intimate August 2012. Not intentionally.It just stopped happening.

Then June last year I met a man through mutual friends. I ended up going back to his and had an amazing night. As far as I was concerned, I was single. I hadn't been kissed or touched in almost a year. But I also figured I wouldn't see this man again given my previous track record.

Well I did....again and again and again. And I started to fall for him. Especially so when my birth control failed and we found ourselves pregnant.

But it was a stressful time because I was still living with this girl who I didn't know what we were doing.

She found out I was pregnant and went mad. Told me how much she loved me and that it wasn't fair. I let her talk me into going back to her and we would have the baby together. But sadly I lost the baby.

Fast forward to now, my partner is pregnant through donor assistance.

I should be happy. But I find myself yearning for that man. I'm still in contact with him about once a month just by text. But I find myself wishing I could have been strong and stood my ground to stay with him.

I do love my girl. But apart from our child, I don't see anything else for us.

We haven't been intimate since October.

I start to see her more as a best friend.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone the other way....lesbian to heterosexual?

I know my actions have been incredibly selfish. But I also find myself thinking she's selfish for locking me to her again.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place...!!

2. Closetdress

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, that sounds tough, maybe talk with her and find out where you two want to be in the future of your relationship

3. BooM

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    She's not the type I can talk to really....

Do you know what I mean?

Like, I hate to say it, but I think she can be a bit emotionally abusive.

It's really hard :frowning2: