1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone explain the different "romantic" orientations?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MsEmmzy, Jun 9, 2014.

1. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So before I start, I'm sorry if I offend anyone or use the wrong words or anything. I really have no idea what any of this means.

Can someone please explain to me what all the "romantic" orientations are? Like aromantic, panromantic, demiromantic, etc.. ? I'd like to understand them a bit better because, as I said, I have no clue.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Heteromantic: Can only imagine relationship or romantic actions with the opposite sex/gender.

Homoromantic: With the same sex/gender.

Biromantic: With both or either sexes/genders.

Panromantic: With any and ALL genders.

Aromantic: These people have no romantic attraction to either gender. It can be combined with asexuality (no interest in any gender romantically or sexually period) or it can be mixed. For example, an aromantic bisexual is attracted to both genders sexually and enjoys sex with them, but they do not feel a strong romantic connection for either gender and can't "fall in love" with either.

Demiromantic is not feeling romantic attraction until you get to know someone.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I understand it, and I live to be corrected, they are as follows:

aromantic - does not feel 'romantic' attraction, or at least not in the way you and I think of it.

panromantic - I'm guessing would have the potential to have romantic feelings for anyone regardless of their gender

demiromantic - romantic feelings don't manifest until a strong connection is formed, that person is well know to you and so on

4. MsEmmzy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, that helps me understand better. Thanks!