1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing your virginity to a women

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jaffacakes, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Jaffacakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Does a woman having sex with another woman count as losing your virginity?

2. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's up to your definition of virginity. If you're only counting penetrative sex, was there penetration? If you're counting contact of genitals, or reaching orgasm, or anything else, was it there? Does it count to you as losing your virginity?

3. Jaffacakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (By the way, I'm not trying to decide if 'what I did' would count as losing my virginity because I didn't do anything, and nor am I thinking about doing something any time soon. I'm just curious

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well most people would say yes...since you had sex...that's sort of the point.

But as Fennec says it's really up to you. It can be a personal thing.

So if you had sex with a woman, it's up to you if you lost your virginity or not (I suppose). I would say you lost it, but you might not. Just don't go telling somebody else they DIDN'T lose it if they had sex with a woman!

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yep, and contrary to sexist beliefs, a penis need not be involved for an act to be considered sexual.

6. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Yes, definitely. But virginity is just a social construct- you define it for yourself.

8. TurtleCat

I think it definitely counts! It honestly makes me sad how society instills in us that sex doesn't "count" unless it's with a man and is penis-in-vagina sex. I've been with both a man and a woman, and my experience with a woman was every bit as special and intimate as it was with a man.

Of course, ultimately it's up to you to decide what "counts" as losing your virginity and what doesn't.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It does count .:tantrum:

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I bet all of you were waiting for me to enter this thread, weren't you? JK

My answer is this: YES. It does count.

If you follow the technical definition of virginity, it doesn't count, no. But you know what else doesn't count under the technical definition of virginity? Anal sex between straight couples or gay men, and Penis-vagina sex with the use of a condom.

Hell according to some definitions, I lost my virginity before I even came out of my mother's womb.

Besides, if you're referring to lesbian sex as "sex" and virgin means "never had sex" ....why would it not count?

By law you are considered sexually active when you do the following: Penetration, oral, handjob, any sexual contact. So I think all of this makes you a non-virgin. Arguing otherwise makes no sense because we live in a society with birth control and more rampant STD's. Virginity was originally created so women were chained down as a man's baby making machine (IE: It was created so we knew if the man was the real father, and non-virgin women were sometimes killed or forced into prostitution).

Although personally I would ignore the term virgin completely, because It's outdated. It's like calling people who have pre-marital sex "fornicators".

There are definitely straight people who think sexually active lesbians are still "virgins" but those people can kiss my fucking ass. I have no respect for a person who treats my sexual experiences like they "don't count" but yet if I get raped it magically does. Disgusting.

None of this is meant to cause any offense toward the OP, I'm sure you were just asking an honest question, so I gave you some history. The concept of virginity just gets me so riled up, It's so triggering to so many lesbians and can damage their psyche so badly.

Also, I slightly disagree with the idea people are saying that "It's up to you to define virginity for yourself". I mean fair enough, It's wrong to police labels, but calling yourself a virgin when you've been with women still promotes homophobia and can damage your female partner's self esteem for the rest of her life. I'd like to live in a society where lesbians are more respected and we can say "It's up to you to call yourself what you want" but considering the abundance of this problematic view, I think It's more important to tell people that yes, it DOES count.

#10 Fallingdown7, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  11. Karabeara

According to google it depends if there was intercourse. I would say if you consider it sex you lose your virginity. Now what you define as sex is a whole 'nother thing. But I would say yes having sex with a women takes away your 'virginity'. However I think the whole idea of virginity is a little silly. Your first time I think is something special and for me I wouldn't want to be thinking I'm losing something in the process. It's sex something you'll do most likely a lot. It's not some sacred oh don't break the orb kind of thing. So yeah that's my thoughts. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Just want to say that everyone else in this thread resolved a lot of fears of mine, so thanks everyone for being awesome.

I think I may have gotten too heated my mistake...virginity is just too damn triggering to me, but even so It needs to be talked about.

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People have an out dated view of virginity :dry:

14. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd define sex as "consensual contact between two partners aiming to achieve orgasm"
    So yeah! But virginity these days is just a way to say you've had or not had sex. It shouldn't hold the same crap as it used to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This :thumbsup:
    I think your definition should be put into the dictionary and every dictionary on the planet .

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I second this!

17. Unkempt Harold

Virginity is an ancient term that doesn't really apply to society anymore and is glorified in youth. Past youth I don't think it's really relevant. I wouldn't concern yourself with it unless your in a marriage contract and you'll be murdered if your not a virgin XD

18. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

I would say yes but it depends what you think virginity is.

19. RussianPinkLady

your definition is what counts

20. TurtleCat

I personally view "sex" as any sort of genital contact between people for the intent of achieving intimacy or sexual pleasure. So by this definition, mutual masturbation, oral sex, anal sex, etc. all qualify.

I also think the whole concept of "virginity" is a bit outdated, and it's often used for all the wrong reasons... etc. to ridicule or ostracize people who may be sexually inexperienced.