1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Countrygirl545, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Countrygirl545

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi I'm 16 and I'm really questioning my sexuality(I think I'm lesbian)..it started about 2-3 years ago when I would be dressing out for PE I would sneak peaks at the girls changing and would look away ashamed.i would also have fantasies about this one girl in my class and would get all hot and nervous.i would also catch myself looking at cute girls at restaurants...I told my parents I liked girls but they just said it was hormones..for a while I thought I was straight but I would still have sexual fantasies involving women once in a while..now that iv told you my "back story" I'll tell what's happening now..I have sexual dreams about women. I still have sexual fantasies which turn me on. I get turned by women(now that I think about it I really don't by men).It just feels not right talking about guys with my friends and I have to force myself to say a guy is cute..I can see myself dating women and marrying a woman and and having sex and starting a family. I know I know myself more than anybody but I just want advice

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm honest I think you probably know the answer to your question, don't you.

The obvious question for me to ask, is what happens if the answer you get is "yes". What happens if you ARE a lesbian?

3. wanderinggirl

Just as Ellia said, it sounds like you know what's up. This is one of those times where you can't go by what your parents are telling you.

In real life do you crush on girls? Do you crush on guys?

4. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Try and understand which gender you like the most. No one can define your sexuality but you.

5. wandergirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You don't need to be ashamed of anything. If that's what you like, you shouldn't hide it from yourself like i did.
    When we are teenagers there's a lot going on, but try to get more intimate with your feelings and thoughts. Look at guys and look at girls without censoring your mind.

Also, you could try to watch some lesbian movies. Imagine me and you and But i'm a cheerleader are good ones. easy plot.
    Spend some time here at EC to read the posts and get more familiar with the situation. And to find out what your orientation truly is and eventually start coming out. First to yourself, and little by little to other people.

:kiss:

6. UsagiChan

I had the same questions spinning round my head! I've even been in a relationship with a guy. After quite a few very short 'relationships' with guys, I concluded that- in the end- I was just never attracted to them in the first place. I liked spending time with guys, being cuddly and having a laugh, but whenever things got physical, I'd get grossed out and, unable to bear it, I'd break up with them within days. That's what contributed to me figuring my sexuality out.

Like the others said, you seem pretty self-aware. Give it some real thought, work out how you feel- both romantically and sexually- towards both genders. For example, when I think about being physical with a guy, I struggle to piece it together in my head, and can never fantasise about myself being in that situation. When I think of girls, I feel all fluffy and and want to smile. :3

I just wanted them to like me.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel if you read back what you just wrote the answer is obv. ious

8. jahow95

Great answer.