1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

like or love?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusedasever, Jun 11, 2014.

1. thoughts on differences? having trouble figuring out what i'm feeling for a certain someone.

2. Unkempt Harold

Might be less black and white than just like or love. I don't think anyone's really solved that mystery yet XD

3. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

Like= enamored with them
    Love= you would do anything for them, you can't imagine life without them, even when they make (big) mistakes, you still want to be with them.
    Like is a doodle in a notebook.
    Love is a potential for a future.

4. wanderinggirl

It's hard to explain. In my experience, one of the differences is that "like" has been a bit of a selfish thing maybe; I think about having them and being with them, and once I realize that can't happen feelings die out. "Love" is more selfless in a way; I still want to be with them, but the feelings don't go away if feelings are unrequited; or at least they take time.

Maybe.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2014 at 08:13 PM ----------

Also agree with Jay47; love makes you more forgiving to someone's flaws, and like lasts only until you find their flaws.

5. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Love is when you'd do anything for that person and can't imagine life without them. Liking someone is caring about them but wouldn't do "anything" for them.