1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homo Romantic Bisexual..?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MermaidMotel, Jun 11, 2014.

1. MermaidMotel

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I'm new here.. When it asked me to pick my orientation, I wrote Homo Romantic Bisexual. What I mean by that is that I'm attracted to women and only want to be involved with women romantically, but I still hold a strong sexual attraction to men. I have no desire to be romantically involved with a man though.

Does anyone else feel like this? If you do, how do you define your orientation?

2. wanderinggirl

I identify with this. My crushes on women are totally different than my crushes on men, way more emotional and more sparks; my ability to connect physically with a person could go either way.

Whether or not you identify as lesbian or bi or queer depends on a number of things; if you're primarily motivated to look for physical intimacy then you might choose to identify as bi, but if you're motivated to date mainly by a need for emotional connection, you could identify as lesbian even with these attractions to men. In the latter case you'd probably forge relationships only with women, but maybe have experiences with men as well.

Or you could just say you're label free, queer, homoflexible, kinsey 5... there are options besides gay and bi. Do whatever feels right to you!

3. I can identify with this as well. I'd say that my crushes on women are a bit more obsessive or stronger. While I don't get butterflies around women like I do for guys, just seems like my crushes on women are stronger - I guess cause I can also relate better with women too.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Again I agree with some of what she said but not with identifying as lesbian while you have sexual attraction to both men and women . Most men don't mind just having sex with a woman and not having anything romantic just tell the man up from you don't want a relationship and you just want sex . What are you scared of that you need to identify as lesbian , are you scared of hurting the man's feelings most men don't care . Many women identify as bisexual and their hetero romantic bisexuals and not scared to tell women they just want sex and no relationship so why can't you do that when it's the other way around Your scared you'll crush his little ego ? :dry:
    This is one of the number one reasons why men don't take lesbians seriously stop doing this it hurts lesbians this is one of the reasons we get harassed please stop encouraging this . Yes you can identify as what you want but think about the people in the community that you are identify as and the consequences it has on them .
    It's the same way if me a lesbian uses bisexual as a stepping stone to have an easier time coming and I make it look like bi is only a stepping stone to gay or lesbian .
    What you do affects people show people 's orientations and community some respect and stop hijacking it for your own personal or selfish needs

#4 stocking, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  5. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Some people Identify themselves by the way they feel. Only you know what you are and only you can define yourself. No one else has the right but you.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think many people in this era want to find ways to avoid identifying as bi because of the stigma so they will use anything else but bi . To the Op I give my hats is off to you for being brave and true to who you are and not trying to hide your true self because your too scared of what people would think of you .:slight_smile:
    My hats off to you for being a proud bisexual woman we have very few of that today , I would prefer to date a person who is secure with who they are than one that is too scared to be their true self and not tell the truth about who they are .

#6 stocking, Jun 12, 2014
  7. wanderinggirl

I know straight women who only date men but occasionally experiment with women. I don't see why they can't call themselves straight. And likewise for lesbians.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Homoromantic bisexual is completely correct.

Experimentation is one thing; some straight girls can experiment and still be straight, but it has to lack a strong sexual attraction. Sexual orientation = who you desire sexually. Nothing more.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because their not . Gay and lesbians can say their bisexual when they are only attracted to the same sex does that make them bisexual because they called it?
    A straight girl can call herself a bisexual or a lesbian to impress a man does that mean she's bisexual or lesbian because she called it. If we want to go by that logic then people who are gay should then use. Bisexuality as a stepping stone, and straight girls can call themselves bisexual to get men and let it do more damage to the bisexual community oh wait I forgot it has now bisexual women are viewed as straight women seeking attention and sluts funny thing is their doing the same thing to the lesbian community and trying to justify it.
    When you sexually attracted to men and like doing them a couple of times your way pass experimenting hun. Experimenting means when your doing something for the first time. And when you've done it a few times it's called denial

#9 stocking, Jun 12, 2014
  10. wanderinggirl

I know where you're coming from; all I'm saying is that things aren't always that black and white. But for sure misuse of labels is a problem.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with things aren't always black and white that's true for sure but it's not the case with everyone but some people . Misuse of labels is a problem on both the gay and bisexual side .