1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I being overly cautious?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by aspie musician, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Have had the opportunity for a heterosexual relationship more than once in the past.The emotional attraction is there.Its the sexual attraction that is a bit of a grey area.

I am starting to wonder whether I have been overly careful...If I am gay (which is entirely possible)then I am definitely on the lower end of the spectrum...Thing is...not 100 percent sure.Wish I was.Scared that if I do manage to find a girlfriend it might end up with both of us getting hurt.But at the same time there is definitely an emotional need for an opposite sex relationship.

There is another part of me that thinks that both emotional and sexual attraction might go together if it is the right person.I have never had a girlfriend.The fact that women have been interested in me in the past confuses me a little.Maybe I just do not come across as completely gay....

People usually can not really tell what my sexual orientation is after they have known me for awhile,which could also be a contributing factor to why I feel conflicted about it.

I really dont know.Maybe I never will unless I take a chance.Something keeps me from taking that chance though.

I dont know if I am just one of those lower end spectrum homosexuals (a biromantic type of thing) or if I am in fact bi.

I dont want anyone to get hurt though...but maybe I am being overly cautious.I do not really know.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 02:27 AM ----------

I can even give a proper answer when people ask me anymore so I try to avoid the topic...

This is all getting to me.I really just dont know

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 02:27 AM ----------

*can not

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 02:31 AM ----------

The fact that most people in my life have figured out what they are by now and put pressure on me to do the same gets to me.

Everyone just wants me to make up my mind.I'm so confused

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 02:36 AM ----------

I dont know if I am just trying to convince myself that I am in denial to avoid the fact that I have no freaking clue what I am :frowning2:

All I hear from others is ''have you decided yet''? or ''you will have to pick your side sometime'' or ''make up your mind''...

I just want a clear answer but maybe there is no clear answer...

2. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    Personally, I don't think you should shut yourself off to any possibilities. If you have interest in someone, go for it. Tell them your worries when you start out, though. To save you both from more hurt than necessary.

3. I think I will remain open to the experience and let whatever happens,happen

4. Fennec

Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope it goes okay and you find out at least what you're curious about, especially if it helps you be happy. ^_^