1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So today I learned that there are about 9 types of lesbian XD

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Unkempt Harold, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Unkempt Harold

From LUGs to futches, butches and lipstick lesbians. My question is which one am I? The easiest way to describe me I guess is to post a pic of the female imagine I identify with the most from film.

Which would be Mary Kathrine from Epic!
    [​IMG]

Would she / I be a blue jeans lesbian? Ooooor what?

2. Yosia

I only knew like 3 or 4 not nine. XD

3. Unkempt Harold

4. Tetra

Maybe that's like... chapstick lesbian? Maybe?

I find it hard to match myself to one of these. It's probably "soft butch" though, as much as I hate labels.

5. Unkempt Harold

Yeah I'm don't like labels either, this is just for fun X)

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 07:40 AM ----------

And my need to tell people I related to the dress of this character I saw, even before I considered I was trans 0.0

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I saw that I don't really think a Lug is a lesbian though

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm inclined to agree there, it's something else entirely. From the picture I'd go with chapstick lesbian, but I don't feel like you should have to have a label for yourself. Just keep being you.

8. UsagiChan

Thanks for the little list :wink:
    I suppose from there, I come under: gold star, femme/blue jeans femme, and baby dyke :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
    I feel like such a novice within the lesbian and LGBTQ community as a whole, but I suppose it'll come with age and experience (of which I have none. XD)

9. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Wait a minute, I didn't know that a femme is technically only attracted to butch-looking women. I identify as femme because I actually don't like lipstick. Should I change it on my profile?

10. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

"Lone Star Lesbian

A Lone Star Lesbian is not a lesbian from Texas. A Lone Star Lesbian is someone who has only had sex with one person in their life. Straight and bisexual people can be Lone Stars too."

I am now using this term to refer to lesbians from Texas and no one can stop me

11. BelleFromHell

I'm a gold star, soon to be Lone Star (I hope), tomboy femme/ blue jeans femme/ lipstick lesbian (minus the makeup and fashion sense)/ chapstick lesbian/ baby lesbian (I'd rather be peed on than use the word "dyke" on myself).

I've used "tomboy femme," but I'm into other tomboy femmes, so I'm not sure if it's OK to use the word "femme" since it implies that I'm attracted to butches...

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I hate labels, however according to this list I am:
    Gold star
    Chapstick
    Sort of Stone Butch

13. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I was thinking the same thing.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 03:37 PM ----------

I would be: lipstick (though I prefer lip gloss or balm), a baby lesbian, and a future gold star.

#13 XenaxGabby, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  14. Lipstick Leuger

I thought we talked about it in previous posts, that Femme lesbians are only attracted to Butch women. We don't date girly girls. Girls who date other girly girls, are Lipstick lesbians, however, the terms are used interchangably. I don't think the younger generations are aware of this and use the two terms to mean the same thing. They are not. Not all girly looking lesbians are Femmes. We are a different thing all together. Same with Butches. Younger lesbians think all masculine looking lesbians are Butches. They are not. They only date Femmes, and they are chivalrous and more old fashioned, than general lesbian gals.(not misogynistic or sexist, however). The Butch/Femme labels designate certain behaviors and expected standards. Hence the Butch/Femme dynamic or 'dance' that older lesbians refer to. A masculine looking woman loving woman, who does not follow the behaviors of a Butch, is considered a general lesbian. Saying you are Butch or Femme is like saying you are a Vegan(different standards although you don't eat meat, either), not just Vegetarian, but a type of Vegetarian, if that makes sense. One is not better than the other, it just is.

This does not mean you can't say you are a Femme or Butch, because these days everyone has lost the true meaning of it, and will understand what you mean. However, if you run into an over 35 lesbian, they will be confused.(like I was at first here on this site.) because we remember the older terms. The Deviantart list does a pretty good job of explaining the differences. If you want to say you are Femme and are comfortable, I don't see why you should not use that label. After all, we get to label ourselves, others don't get to do it for us.

Personally I am sticking to Queer Femme, because I feel that Femme is my gender, and Queer is my designation of acknowledging my past with males. I personally am not 100% lesbian, never will be. I am 100% Femme, however.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol that's why I started putting lipstick lesbian but I also use lipstick lesbian because I like how it sounds and it means the same as femme.
    I'm a baby lesbian and a lipstick lesbian I'm looking to be adopted by a more experienced lesbian
    preferably another lipstick /femme lesbian .

#15 stocking, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I wonder, is there a kind that 'chapsticks' specifically date too, because that's what I consider myself....Or is that a new term?

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always thought chapsticks date any type of lesbian really depends on the chapsticks tastes in girls . :confused:

18. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

*tips hat* *kisses girl's hand* I'm a Lone Star, Madam. ( rides off to the sunset on a horse)

That was cheesy. I will call myself this if I encounter a gay girl from another state just to try to charm her. Maybe it'll work.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2014 at 10:21 PM ----------

Gold star, Chapstick/boi, and a bunch of other labels. I feel fancy.

19. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm so I'm a stem baby dyke. Cool

20. Unkempt Harold

Lol Connie :lol:

Where you at Connie???(*hug*)