1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex drive and sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by neutron, Jun 12, 2014.

1. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm wondering if having high sex drive has helped ppl determining their sexual orientation early on or not? I meant you don't, it's kind of hard to tell what gender that you are sexually attracted to. If you do, then you'd know who arouse you.
    I've met lesbians who had high sex drive and before being in relationship with girls, they were active with guys. And then there were mellow people whom would be more specifically identified as demi lesbian. So with that, high sex drive could make someone sexually attracted to both sexes?
    And then arousal to females is so unclear, is it butterfly, weak knee, melting, or the physical response of the genetalia like lubrication, tingle, or a random combination.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not really my ex girlfriend is a lesbian has sexual addiction and only slept with women also has a very high sex drive . I was very sexual early on still did not have an attraction to men . I think people just have different ways of figuring things out . In my opinion high sex drives has zero to do with sexual orientation . I think the reason why most lesbians had sex with guys before and were sexually active with men is because that was the norm that's what we've been told as women that we should be doing so we were doing what we were thought or what we thought we were suppose to do .

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I figured out mine through romantic attraction. I don't feel sexually attracted to people too often, although I have a high sex drive.

4. yuri fan

Well I'm still a bit confused. I definitely don't have romantic feelings for men, but I can be attracted to them, yet I don't want to have sex with them so it's weird.
    I've gone through some times where my sex drive was high and I was attracted to females, and also males a bit, but I think I'm just like that anyways it's just more noticeable when my sex drive is higher. With men I don't think it's actually that they are men that turn me on, it's just that since you are a kid and you first learn about sex and start experiencing sexual feelings, you are going to start looking in the direction of men because that is how you assume you are. I think this sort of programmed me to associate men with sexual feelings within me in general. I didn't realize I was homosexual until I fell head over heels for a girl and then it all became clear. I was never crazy about men in the first place and had crushes on girls my whole life but never realized it because the way society is and made me think.
    So maybe those with higher sex drives, especially when very young, develop attraction to the opposite sex even if they are homosexual because the association of sexual feelings within that are being directed deliberately onto the opposite sex out of a feeling of what is acceptable in society.
    So they feel arousal just by association. Like when you clicker train an animal.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think from birth every one is thought to be heterosexual so this is not shocking . I think having a high sex drive has zero to do with sexual orientation, if it does you might have a serious sex addiction where you don't care who you get sex from and that's sad if people's sexual desires are that out of control. Not talking about you the poster I'm quoting . But I think most of us women have been taught to be straight from the time we can speak, so Your just doing learned behavior.

#5 stocking, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  6. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I do see your point, there were a certain types of men that I was taught to be "attractive" by relatives, girl friends or who else so I'd tend to associate that I have response, may it be sexual or not - I don't know, for them when I see them