1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so confused..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by scarfire13, Jun 13, 2014.

1. scarfire13

So this year I will be a freshman in high school, and I have been questioning myself on and off since 5th grade. I have had relationships with boys, but I never really loved them. When I was young, I would only like boys if they had a feminine touch to them. Now I feel like I would much rather be with a more femme girl. I can't help but noticing everything about a girl. I have kissed both but I don't really remember how it felt. I can't imagine myself ending up with a guy, the idea of being more than a friend with a guy is a little uncomfortable, because most of my friends are guys, because I get along better with the guys. My first real crush was a girl, and she was bi, but I didn't jump at the chance because I am still really confused. Everyone says I have a lot of time to figure it out, but I don't want to date someone just to have to break their heart because I like the opposite gender. I do feel like I want to be with a girl, but I am still so unsure.

2. wanderinggirl

Hey welcome to EC! Yes you have a lot of time to figure it out but that doesn't help you right now, does it?

Regardless of gender, if you don't like someone you shouldn't date them; if you find a girl you like, then you should follow that. But if you don't like her, you risk breaking her heart by dating her. It has nothing to do with gay or straight. Anyways if you're bi then you might have different attractions to guys than to girls: to be bisexual you don't have to like both genders to the same extent or in the same way.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

3. Zelos

I do not need to say more than wanderinggirl said !
    You should indeed try to do stuff with a girl to see how you feel. Tell her beforehand what you're looking for in your relationship so that you make sure if she's okay with it. Tell her there's unfortunately a possibility you may prefer guys, but that it's very probable you'll like her and not go back to guys. Communication is what sets the bases of a relationship :slight_smile: Good luck !