1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anxiety around masculine ppl mostly guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by neutron, Jun 13, 2014.

1. neutron

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls, do you have this anxiety? Could you please describe how it would feel like, I'm not really sure if what I felt is anxiety but it is very close to it.

2. DominoSuis

Hey Neutron!

I get this all the time with guys - it impacts on my intimacy with them. Not sure if it's due to sexuality or trust issues or bad experience myself.

How intense is it?

3. wanderinggirl

I don't really get that anxiety, at least not with men. I guess I get along better with more feminine guys. But masculine women make me nervous because I find them way attractive. :slight_smile:

4. Unkempt Harold

I only feel anxiety around attractive females cause that's who I'm attracted to X)

5. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think I have had this feeling with my step father who is a great guy, but we aren't very close. I didn't have the best relationship with my father so trying to be myself around my step father is tough because I will have an anxiety attacks around him when things seem to be going well between us. Example, he was showing me how to do something and I had an anxiety attack as he was helping me. I also had this feeling towards my uncle who was trying to show me a few things...cooking. Sucked because I told him and he took it personally.

Now with females I do especially if I like them-sucks. Women I have met want to know everything, which isn't something I like. They want to know everything about you, yet don't know how to just ask questions. While I like girls, they confuse me just like they confuse men....sucks and I am a female lol. I get very quiet if I am alone with someone I like as well as anxious.

#5 Wolf123, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  6. ginger cthulhu

I do have anxieties surrounding "masculine" men, but I see it more the dominant factor than the masculine factor that gets to me. I was also abused for 15 years (by different men, all of them very loud/dominant/controlling etc.) ... so that probably has a lot to do with it.

I also get anxious around women, because, well, I'm highly attracted to them.

7. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think so, the last group of people I hang out with made me feel very uncomfortable because the males used to say that I was beautiful and things like that. I still hope they were just joking... Oh well, if they were just kidding or not doesn't really matter right now since I'm not with them anymore.
    Right now, I don't feel comfortable being close to males even when we're talking about something I'm very interested in since I get the feeling that they're don't consider me one of them. Sometimes I even feel like they look at me in a sexual way, sometimes I don't, but they still see me like a girl.

Sorry, it's hard for me to explain it. I just feel this anxiety when I suspect they think I'm someone they would be willing to have sex with, but when I don't I'm almost completely ok with it except by the fact I don't believe they respect me like another human being like them.

Is it considered misandry or even some sort of anxiety because of men?

8. TheStormInside

Men in general, I tend to be more anxious around. I have social anxiety so to be honest I'm anxious around most people, but with guys it's always a lot stronger. I'm not sure why that is. I think some of it is that I'm very self conscious and I feel like guys are judging me by my appearance moreso than girls would. I guess I have some "daddy issues" too, and that may also play a part. My father was always very judgmental and critical and had an explosive temper when I was growing up (fortunately he's started to mellow in his older age).

If you're trying to determine what anxiety in general feels like.. it can be different symptoms for different people, but some of the main hallmarks are tightness in the chest, trembling, increased perspiration. And it might be hard to concentrate or think straight because your mind is racing, or because it's gone completely blank. It's generally an unpleasant feeling, and part of the "fight or flight" type of response.