1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just curious.. What makes a feminine lesbian attracted to butch lesbians?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChloeKiss, Jun 15, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I have been wondering about this for a while.. Just thought i'd ask! I'm not here to offend I am just simply asking because I myself seem to only like other girly girls. Butch women are kind.. just not my type. So.. Girly Lesbians what makes you feel attraction?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. wanderinggirl

I would like to chime in as not girly and not a lesbian (though mostly oriented towards women)... I like a certain kind of butch because I think short hair or a mix of masculine and feminine attire/features/dress/mannerisms is more interesting and draws my attention more than femininity. I've only crushed on one straight girl but she has a bunch of brothers so she has something more masculine about her swagger than the average straight girl. I think feminine girls are beautiful but the ones who draw my eye are the more butch ones.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not attracted to butch women but I think just like how I like femininity in women they probably like masculinity in women.:confused:

4. TurtleCat

I usually prefer femmes, but I can see the appeal in butch women. I think it's the element of androgyny that can be very attractive to some. I tend to really like the look of masculine women or feminine men.

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Question: is short hair a requirement to be labeled butch? Because I've seen plenty of girls who had long, straight hair, but also wore caps to the side/backwards, wore jerseys, long shorts, etc. and had a more masculine set of mannerisms.

6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Feminine is yin and masculine is yang... it's like a magnet :icon_bigg

7. Lipstick Leuger

I'm a Femme. I am attracted to only Butch women. OSOF ones actually.(Od School, Old Fashioned). I have dated Femme women, but they feel like 'friends', there is no answering 'zing' of energy. I ended up just friends with them and they have been some of my most treasured friends. I have always been attracted to masculinity, my preference being in feminine masculinity, but a very masculine male will also turn my head(but that is all). Butches, are very old world. They pull out your chair, they see to you first, they offer their coat if you are cold, they put their hand in the small of your back and it's just AMAZING! LOL

Many gals(my daughter included) are not really that attracted to Butch women, not just masculine looking women, but true Butch energy. It's a yin and yang type if thing.

I didn't plan to be attracted to Butches, and I windered when I realized it if I was just a messed up Het, but when I met my first one, my heart was a goner! LOL

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Okay.. that sort of makes sense! I still don't understand how you couldn't like girly girls :eek: but I respect your preferences :slight_smile: Thanks!

Thanks to everyone else too!

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Femmesalso opened doors and pull out chairs for their women as well

10. Lipstick Leuger

That is such a large change since I came out. I would never pull out the chair of a woman that was girlier than me, because I am always the girly one. LOL I never really thought about how Lipstick Lesbians have their own 'dance' and 'courtship'. :icon_bigg

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I do it for women

12. BelleFromHell

Everyone has their own type. Some feminine girls like other feminine girls, some feminine girls like masculine girls, some masculine girls like other masculine girls, some masculine girls like feminine girls, etc...

That's why the LGBT flag is a rainbow. We all have different styles, tastes, colors and shapes (that kind of rhymed.. :lol:slight_smile:

I'm not into butches, but I think Lipstick Leuger summed it up pretty nicely. :slight_smile:

13. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i would run feet spinning tom and jerry style to pull out the chair for a woman at a mcdonalds tipping my cowboy hat, "m'lady" and i will choose what she eats, and pay, then complain about how I THE MAN not man am expected to pay, then to open the door to the womens bathroom, chivalry for the ladies

nah jk

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Okay so I'm not that femme, but I'm not that butch either. I'm in the middle.

But I'm fine with both femmes and butches and I wouldn't want to limit myself away from some awesome girl.

Technically, I prefer girls in the middle of the spectrum. I don't think super short hair or ultra masculine characteristics are that attractive, but It's also unattractive to see an ultra girly girl who obsesses over her looks and makeup since I don't relate to that at all and deal with it too much in straight women.

A happy medium (Total androgyny) in my opinion is the best way to go.

But a lot of femmes like butches because either they are
    1) Attracted to heterosexual dynamics but don't like penis
    2) Want to feel more feminine and submissive with a balanced masculine energy
    3) Just like masculinity without a man attached

Masculinity is awesome, I just don't want it attached to a man :grin:

15. Lipstick Leuger

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That would be a tad to much Chivalry, I think. :thumbsup:

16. AngelinMD

Out Status:
    Some people
    Im new to this as a femme. My gf is butch. She will say she is the dude in our relationship and is masculine most of the time but has a softer side to her as well. A perfect mix :slight_smile: I dont see myself being with a girly gal tho. Like my masculinity woman.

17. Najlen

I would prefer another butchy girl, but I can see myself in a relationship with any type.

18. wanderinggirl

You're right, short hair is not a requirement. I think actually butch with long hair is really attractive as well. If a girl has long hair but looks otherwise masculine, the juxtaposition of both sides is really hot for some reason. I think I may have boxed "butch" in, but really it's much broader than just short hair and guy's jeans.

19. PixieFemme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, short hair does not mean someone is butch. I really don't think hair length determines whether someone is butch or femme or somewhere in the middle. For instance, I'm femme but I have a pixie cut.

20. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is what I am thinking. I'm somewhere in the middle of butch and femme and I'm attracted to femme girls, but butch girls are pretty cool for those reasons. I like writing lesbian romance stories, and although the romance is between two girls, the dynamics of their relationships are often comparable to hetero relationships'. I think butch/femme relationships are rather cute and they seem to balance each other out. I think I am, personally, similar to this: "Attracted to heterosexual dynamics".