1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian in all-girl environment

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Emma H, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Emma H

Hey everyone! I've identified as gay for almost a year and a half now and I started coming out last June. Now a year later, I'm out to pretty much everyone besides my dad and some other family members.

The thing is, I've gone to the same private, Catholic, all-girls school since the 6th grade. This essentially means that I've had no contact with boys whatsoever since then- not to mention I have no brothers and most of my friends don't either. Being seventeen, I'm just beginning to understand the absolute joy of straight teenage boys in my life. It seems that they've all come out of nowhere, and I don't really know what to do with them, because they've never been much a part of my reality. And now apparently I'm a bro magnet.

Jokes aside, what do you think about someone identifying as gay without having ever really been around the opposite sex? I'm curious to hear others' thoughts, because I was nervous while coming out that my family might think I was confused because I'd gone to an all-girls school for so long.

2. medic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went to all boys schools for my entire life and assumed I was straight because I barely knew any girls! It was only when I reached university that I realised I wasn't into girls at all. Don't think it's weird!