1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know for sure?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jillianp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. jillianp

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 35 years old. I have always considered myself straight. In the last two years (last year especially) I have been thinking that I might be bi. I find my thoughts constantly turning to sexual thoughts of women. I've always found women attractive and could appreciate women, but now it's more than acknowledgment. It's a sexual attraction.

I've never been with a woman. I feel like the only way I'll know for sure is if I have a sexual experience with a woman. Is that right?

Here's the problem with that: I've tried out some gay clubs, reset my settings on ###### to include women, even some websites. When lesbian or bi women find out that I've never been with a woman, they assume I'm some bi-curious straight girl (which I guess I am) and that I'm just going to jerk them around. I'm not sure how to take the next step. It's all very confusing. I don't want to insult anyone or hurt anyone's feelings, but I have no idea how to go about experimenting.

#1 jillianp, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Najlen

I have never been in a relationship f any kind, but I know I'm lesbian. It sounds to me like you are defineitely bi. Only you can know for sure, but that's what it sounds like to me. The only thing I caan say about dating is that every girl who likes girls has a first relationship with one. Make sure they know that you are serious and not just a curious straight gill who is going to jerk them around. Plenty of people don't figure out their orientation until their twenties or thirties, which tgey ought to know

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you just know.

If you experienced sexual attraction to women, you're probably not straight. You don't have to have sex with women to prove it. The fact that you wanted to is all the proof you need.

But don't take my word for it, heheh. Like Grey Wanderer mentioned, only you can know for sure.