1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if I'm Bisexual or...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Apples47, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Apples47

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When I was a kid I was a bit of a tomboy. I had guy friends and rarely and grinds who were girls. As I got older I became less of a tomboy and hung out with girls. When people started liking people I went with the flow and thought boys were cute. Since the hormones kicked in people has been claiming that I was a lesbian from the way I was acting and dressing and I dont know why, I just didn't want them to be right. But since then I've felt like I've been overcompensating. For the last two years or so I have thought about girls more and I don't know how I feel.
    On the one hand I like guys because I like the idea of guys and being with a man but on the other hand women have such a more obvious beauty. They are more physically and emotionally attractive. But I'm afraid to act on impulse.
    There's another factor that is, what if I come to the conclusion that I realize I am gay, what then? Plus my sister is mormon and is totally against homosexuality. I don't know how to figure out what I am.

2. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi :slight_smile: welcome to EC!

Firstly, as you probably know, only you can tell if you're gay, bi or straight, or whatever, but I'll put in my 2 cents.

It does sound to me like you could be bisexual. I don't think who you are friends with makes much of a difference, nor does being a tomboy though. Although there is a stereotype to how lesbians dress, it really doesn't work that way, you get lesbians bisexuals and straight girls who all dress every possible way. You should think about how you feel and who you find attractive.

I understand the overcompensating. I feel like I did that a lot in my late teens, and I felt I should find guys attractive, and it can make it hard to tell in retrospect whether you were really feeling it. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Do you like guys or just the idea of guys? Are you actually attracted to them and want to be with them, or is it just easier because of your sister, and the world in general?
    What about women? Do you just think they are beautiful, or do you want a relationship with one? When you say emotionally attractive, do you mean you connect better with them, or you really are attracted romantically to them? Who do you fantasize about?

There's no need to rush into a label, although it's tempting, but something someone told me when I first came on here was "love who you love". Try not to worry about it, just let it happen when in does. You can't change who you are, so find out who that is before worrying about what comes next :slight_smile: