1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual fluctuations

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by browneyedgirl, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Does anyone identify as a "fluid bisexual" as in your sexual orientation can change daily/hourly? I have days where I'm exclusively interested in men and then days where I'm more interested in women and some days where I'm both.

I find my "lesbian" days increase when I'm not exposed to attractive men (as in if I stay home for a few days and don't watch tv). Then I have days where I do watch tv or I connect with my husband or I go shopping and I sort of change again.

How does anyone live like this?

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

It's really ironic I just stumbled upon this after I had just posted something about this. I had been going back and forth with who I liked. I'd say all bisexual are at least a little fluid. I'm the same way with staying home and not watching tv with attractive men or women and having it switch then. It is kind of a pain to deal with, but it's fun at the same time. We'll just have to get used to it. You can't really control it.

3. DominoSuis

I agree - bisexuality is a very fluid thing. It's not uncommon to feel more strongly for one gender some days, the other the next. It's never really an 'equal attraction'.

Besides that, you have romantic attraction and sexual attraction - two different things! - which makes it even harder to control.

My advice? Go with the flow : )

4. Thanks for the replies. It's just so confusing sometimes - I could be in the middle of watching a "lesbian show" and then be like, I'm so bored of this and start thinking about men again.

My husband left the city for 4 days and I stayed home the whole time. I felt totally gay until he came back and I left the house. It's so weird going back and forth like this - I've actually been doing this since I was 17 and I'm 30 now. What a life lol.

5. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much every bisexual I know of, including myself, fluctuates. I never lose my attraction for one or the other at any given point, so I could be perfectly happy in a monogamous relationship don't get me wrong, but yes I definitely have times where I like the thought of having sex with a man more than a woman or vice versa. I doubt the fluctuation in my preference for men or women is "internal" though, but probably more of a response to external stimulation/experience like you said like if I had been around mostly attractive women or something.

6. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with what has been said so far. Even those of us who would say, identify as a Kinsey 3 (50-50 bisexual) still have different preferences at different times. It's quite normal.

Happy days :slight_smile: