1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking too hard?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Csp1993, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Lately I've been going back and forth between "I'm bisexual" and "I'm straight". I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual, but I keep trying to tell myself I'm straight. I wouldn't say its denial, I've already been through that. I accept that I like both guys and girls, but for some reason my brain has been blocking out my gay side!

I have a crush on this girl though that I go to school with. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. I have been able to stay in one spot with my sexuality while having a crush on this girl. Things are too complicated with her. I don't know if she'd even consider dating me. I'm not even publicly out. I'm not rally sure what I'm asking here. I guess I just want to know how to be comfortable with who I am when it comes to other people. It might just be the time to come out.

I don't know. How does that feel anyway? I mean, what do you feel when you feel it's time to come out? What little thing in your head said, "Now is the time, Jim Bob!"

2. DominoSuis

I'm not sure how it feels to be ready to come out. But if you want to come out, then by all means : ) Go ahead. It might be a little cathartic, you know? The need to come out could indeed be causing this stress.

Besides that, it does sound like you might be overthinking it a little. I'm the same myself. Try and relax a bit, your body will tell you what you are!

3. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me, being ready to come out is about feeling like I don't want to hide it anymore...finding the courage to admit it to anyone is another matter.

As for being comfortable with yourself about other people, that one's harder. Coming out can help, as you're admitting who you are to others, which makes you more sure of yourself. I think it's partly personality, experience and maturity and it applies to anything really, being comfortable with who you are.

I've found it easier as I've got older, and more honest with myself. You're already halfway there :slight_smile: I agree with DominoSuis: try to relax about it all. Everything like this will sort itself out if you let it (And occasionally give it a little nudge in the right direction!)