1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One last question.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Hunter427, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Hunter427

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So at this point I believe I'm gay, but I still have one slight question that may tell me for sure. I've found something strange, I know I'm sexually attracted to guys, but I still find it a bit awkward with the thought of going out with them, I can see me with a girl but I think that's just because everyone keeps telling me to get a girlfriend. Plus I'm not really sexually or romantically attracted to girls. However I can't see me with a guy either. Will I get used to the idea of going out with a guy and stuff like that? This is the one thing that is bothering me above else. So what's wrong with me or am I still in slight denial?

2. Unkempt Harold

I don't know about you, but when I was a kid being gay was bad. It was never explicitly stated, and no one really knew what being gay really was, it was just nebulously bad. And really it was just male posturing that we were being introduced to.

So you can be gay and have a feeling that you shouldn't be feeling the way your're feeling. If you feel like you like men, you prob like men XD. And that's ok. Your conflicting believe might just be cultural programming during your formative years.

What helped me overcome the male posturing BS was just indulging in the feeling that I WANT to be right, but for some reason I feel like I shouldn't. The result was pretty much instant. I've never felt more comfortable in my own being X]

3. Hyaline

You know how when you have a discovery about yourself that you never considered before? How it can change your opinion and actions and cause you to move in a different direction? Well this is a bit like that...

Seeing yourself with another guy might just be hard because you never considered it. Or really gave it the proper consideration. This typically is some of those things you work thought while coming out. It is part of the process where you discover something new and once you begin to experience it, the experience changes your perceptions that you might have had previously about it.

I can say that for me, each person I have dated has changed how I view dating. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Depending on how big of a douche canoe he was..

You sound totally normally though. When you meet the right person (girl or boy), it'll all make more sense. Until then, don't sweat it so much...