1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop stressing out?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by kay14, Jun 18, 2014.

1. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Iv'e been questioning my sexuality and just about everything in that area. I've been locked inside for days thinking about it. The reason being I suppressed everything and now I'm choosing to face things. Can over-thinking things just confuse you more?

Should I just stop trying to impress people and do what I want? How can I do that?
    Should I date and have sex with a guy(s) and date and have sex with a girl(s). (I'm of legal age). Will doing this help? I don't regret that sort of stuff. I'm a virgin though but done other things.

I just don't know if I'm suppressing things subconsciously. I just can't be bothered doing anything. It's all getting to me. I feel like I need to put a label on myself and I know I don't but I'd be much happier if I just knew already because I haven't truly known my sexuality for years.

What should I do?

2. softbutch5765

Well, just ask yourself - "To whom am I attracted to?"

List down people you find attractive sexually and/or wanting a relationship with. If you like guys, then you're straight. If you like girls, then you're gay. If you like both, then you're bi. It's as simple as that. Though labels are not that good, it actually helps on realizing our preferences and communicating it with other people.

Don't over-analyze things. Be calm, because you may not know the answer now, but definitely in the future, you will. :slight_smile:

3. kay14

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I can't figure out if I'm attracted to a person or not. It's complicated

4. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know how you feel, I get like that sometimes. Maybe try to not think about liking people and just see who you want to be around? Who you want to talk to all the time? Is there anyone you know that you feel that way about? It doesn't necessarily mean you're attracted to them, but it's a start.

Date men and women if you feel it would help, but don't put pressure on feeling something for them.

Try not to rush it. If you don't find a person to feel attracted to quickly, it's okay! That's normal for quite a few people, particularly if you're stressing. If you let it happen in it's own time, it will make you more sure of what you're feeling. :slight_smile: