1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Unsure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Coloreddreams, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Coloreddreams

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hey everyone, I'm really new at this soo, not sure how it all works but the title of this says it all.. I'm 16 and have never really thought I was bi or into girls or anything ever before now. But this girl came to my school this year and that changed... She made me feel special. We texted all day everyday basically and she said she hates texting. She always has her arm around my waist, or she's holding my hand. She laughs at my stupidity (ha I'm pretty stupid ) I guess you could say she is butch? Not sure if that's right but she's more masculine... Anyways, I asked her once in a gentle way if she liked me, she said no.... I cried for hours because I felt like a terrible person for assuming so... But she had given me so many signals... And apparently she had stuff like this happen at her old school too... Thing is now were like best friends... But I still feel like she is flirting, and I feel like at any moment she's gonna kiss me... And now , what I'm feeling is that I absolutely want too! Like I feel like inside, if she doesn't soon, I will because I want her so badly.. But that's wrong... I've never felt this way... What is this!? And I don't know if she does like me anyways because she said no, but I hear that some people say she would've said that for fear of losing out friendship.. Makes sense, I feel the same... I just know I'm confused , and how should I talk to her now? Or how should I act if I still think she might be into me and I want her to act on it? How should I know who I am? Is there any to tell besides time?

Sorry this is so long, but as you can see I'm a weee bit confused.

Any and all help would be much appreciated !
    Stay lovely :slight_smile:

2. mangotree

Unfortunately without knowing the 2 of you better and without a bit more detail it's a bit difficult to comment.

It seems like you both like each other as perhaps a little bit more than best friends.
    Not saying you're lesbians. It could just be that the 2 of you are each other's romantic match. It doesn't have to be complicated if you don't want it to be.

Her reaction earlier might have been because she wasn't sure how you felt.
    The only thing you can really do is - when you get the right chance - start a deep, sharing conversation with her.
    IF you feel up to it, tell her how you're feeling - not about her, but about how you think you might not be completely straight. But only if you're comfortable with that.

Or just talk about marriage equality or some kind of lgbtiq news story you've seen and see how much she enjoys the conversation.

Sorry that's not much help.

Peace (*hug*)