1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning gender identity/sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NeutronStar, Jun 20, 2014.

1. NeutronStar

Hi everyone,
    so my story begins when I went off to university and I started looking in to things like sexual orientation and gender identity. I’ve always felt different and felt I never quite fit in, and at university I discovered that I could be possibly gay or transgendered. Finally looking inward at myself scared the hell out of me and caused me to have a breakdown, I didn't know how to proceed with this revelation. I had to drop out of school because I couldn’t reconcile with these emotions. I’ve been trying to be more accepting of myself and whatever I may be but I always seem to end up denying my emotions and keeping away from openly gay people who may bring up sexual issues. This makes me feel terrible about myself and keeps me in a rut where life is really boring and time keeps slipping away. Did anyone else have this kind of history? It’s been a long time spent in this rut and I’m wondering how to get out of it, find out who I am and start living and being happy again. Thanks!

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello :]

The first thing you should do is to come out to yourself. Think about who do you feel attracted to and admit that to yourself. Don't rush it if you don't want to, take it slow, at your own pace.

There is nothing wrong in being LGBT. It's perfectly normal.

Hugs, we are here to chat/give more advice (*hug*)

3. NeutronStar

Thanks for the reply and hugs!
    I've begun to say to myself out loud that I'm gay and being ok with it and it's been helping quite a bit. I'm still feeling quite lonely and hopefully chatting on the forum will help out with this.

Thanks again, hugs!

4. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That helps!

Enjoy your "stay" on the forum, haha

5. FireRose2071

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual