1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused me :0

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by sparkles98, Jun 21, 2014.

1. sparkles98

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well, to start off I must say that I'm pretty confused about my sexual orientation and Im just wondering if it's normal for a 16 year old female? I remember dreading the fact that I was a girl when I was much younger and I somewhat wished I was a boy instead because I thought that being a girl was rather troublesome (periods etc).Furthermore, I had a couple of crushes on females and I even tried to touch my cousin's breasts when I was a was 9~10 years old (probably curious or sth, well idk ) .Anyways, I'm much more comfortable with my gender now as a teen and I seldom have thoughts about wanting to be a boy anymore.Just that I found myself to be attracted to both girls and guys! I noticed that the girl crushes are usually more intense and last longer.I do find guys hotter than girls most of the times but when it comes to sexual fantasies /dreams , I seem to be able to picture both genders in my head.Also, I am kind of curious to know what it feels like to make out with a girl and have a girlfriend basically , though I must say that I'm also interested in getting a boyfriend but I think I find the idea of making out with a girl way more fun somehow .So do you think it would be accurate to 'label' myself as bisexual as this point of time?Or perhaps I Should i try dating both genders first before I determine my sexuality? Oh and I have never dated before but ofc I do get the urge to do so( later on in the future , studies first :slight_smile: .

2. supernova

Out Status:
    All but family
    Dertimining your sexuality is hard. I think alot of people think about there sexuality at one point, maybe out of curiousity, or simply because they think they are a bit different. Its perfectly normal and okay to question your sexuality. [insert comment about how annoying a heteronormative society is....]

Here are a few questions that may help:
    1) Can you see yourself being emotionally invested in a woman? A man? Both?
    2) Can you see yourself being romantically invested in a woman? A man? Both?
    3) Can you see yourself being sexually invested in a woman? A man? Both?

3. sparkles98

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I guess it's a 'both' to all 3 questions haha.Hmmm.., maybe an accurate answer can only be given through experimenting ?

4. Jaffacakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 13 and I know how you feel. I think that at this point, it's not important to label yourself. You should just do what you want and what feels right and natural. If you find a girl you want to date, then give that a go, if you find a guy, give that a go too. There's no need to label yourself at this point in time. So I guess I would say just go where you want to go with your life, and along the way, you'll find out who or what you like. I know I'm 13 so am not exactly yoda, but it's advice I've been given, and that I found very helpful

5. sparkles98

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for all the replies and advice :slight_smile:!

6. lovely lesbian

I think dermating what your sexuality is at any age is hard but think it's harder if your still a teenager becasue you have loads of stuff going on you have plently of time but if does turn out your gay then great

7. prussianblue100

You sound bi to me with maybe a bit of a preference for girls, but I would take some time to think about it. Just do what you think is best for you. :slight_smile:

8. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm exactly the same way! Everything that you mentioned! I identify as bisexual, even though I've never dated. I know the attractions I have, the same as any straight person would know the attractions they have before dating. It sounds perfectly normal to me :slight_smile:

9. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi sparkles

I'm a bit older than yourself, but despite believing myself to be hetero for many years, lately this same-sex attraction has surfaced in me, and it keeps getting stronger, too. I'm unsure of my sexuality now, and not sure what to 'label' myself either. So for now I am not going to label myself at all. Maybe we don't need to, anyway. One day, when you have lived a bit more - I don't mean in years, I mean in experiences - dated both sexes maybe, it's up to you, but in time you will know 'which' sexuality you are, and then you can present yourself as either l,g,b,or t, straight, or whatever it is this journey leads you to. We are free to be whatever we wish. Just enjoy this journey of discovery.

By the way, I agree with you that studies do come first at your age, yes they are very important, just a few more years of hard work will put you in good stead for getting the job you really want (or at least having more choices), or going on to uni or whatever. And then, you will have the time and freedom to explore all of this in much more depth...

bf. :slight_smile: