1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinda Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by biffle50, Jun 21, 2014.

1. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

My friend on here thought I should make a thread about this to get more advice.
    For a couple weeks I've been kinda confused on my sexual orientation. I'm attracted to guys but I don't really see myself going out with them. I'm attracted to females and transgendered people. Majority of myself is saying that I'm Pansexual, but I really don't know what to label myself as. Do people really need labels?
    Thanks for reading this and God Bless
    Remember who you are is already perfect so don't change.:slight_smile:

2. Dactyl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey!

You really don't need to label yourself if you don't want to. Don't feel pressured to confine yourself to a label just because you think it's what society expects from you.

But, if you do want to label yourself, and you are sure that this is how you feel and you have felt like it for a long while, then I would say that you are pansexual, or something similar.

Also, don't forget that sexual orientation and romantic orientation are two different things, so you could be attracted to both guys and girls but only see yourself being with a guy etc.

Good luck, I hope this helped! :icon_bigg

3. Undertow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is never truly a need for labels. Some people just like them...life seems easier, I suppose, when everything can be filed and categorized.

I'm not a fan of labels, honestly, but I still use them for the sake of convenience. The problem is, they are often misinterpreted. Each one comes with its own set of stereotypes, which pretty much sucks.

If you don't wish to confine yourself to a label such as pansexual, bisexual, gay, etc., but you still want a word to explain that you aren't straight, I'd just go with "queer"...I may be wrong, but I've always seen that as a rather all-encompassing term that just says "I'm not straight, but I don't want a super-specific label".

I don't know if that helped any, or if it made things worse >.<
    Anyway, hope you figure everything out! :slight_smile:

4. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, like everyone else said, you don't necessarily need to label yourself. You don't need to label love :wink: