1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my sexual orientation?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ElvisFan, Jun 22, 2014.

1. ElvisFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey, so this is my first post here and to be honest I'm pretty confused about my sexual orientation. I'll try explain my situation as well as I can, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

This has been my situation for as long as I can remember, but I'm only beginning to question it now. I find that the only relationships I want to have with females is either sexual or just a friendship, but I've never been interested in romantic relationships with the other gender, the only thing I've ever wanted from them is sex or friendship. When it comes to other males though, I find that I am interested in both sexual and romantic relationships. Whilst this is the case, I am also pretty picky when it comes to guys that I am interested in.

With all of this considered, am I gay, bisexual or what? Is it normal to still be interested in sexual relations with women whilst being gay?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Najlen

Sexual and romantic orientations are two different things. If you want a label, I would call you a homoromantic bisexual, meaning that you have romantic attraction to men and sexual attraction to men and women.

3. zahhhaks

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I'm gonna agree with the above post on this one. I'm also homoromantic and bisexual, so I feel your confusion.

4. ElvisFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not really fussed about having a label, I was just curious about my situation and wanted to know if it was normal. Thanks for the help!

5. Najlen

It's definitely normal. It's actually fairly common.