1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to identify as...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by UsagiChan, Jun 22, 2014.

1. UsagiChan

Hi there :slight_smile:

I started questioning my sexuality over a year ago, and quite quickly concluded that I am bi. Then a couple of months ago, I reassessed my outlook on life (I do that a lot) and became very sure that I am a lesbian, but now I realise that I was wrong about that. I was just feeling strongly attracted towards women at the time and ignoring the fact that I can still be attracted to men.

I would identify as bi... but I think that label is a bit restrictive for me, so maybe pansexual is the right thing to identify as.
    I'm just fed up with my attractions changing in intensity. I mean, I thought I was a lesbian when actually I was just more attacted to women at the time. I thought I was straight for a while too.

Do any other bi/pan people experience the same crisis as me? :rolle:

2. sharoy

I'm having a similar issue.

I've been contemplating for a while on how to come out to everyone. I think I've settled on posting it on Facebook, but I haven't been able to, because I'm afraid I might be wrong about my sexuality. I've been attracted to guys and girls, but I've felt differently about them at different times.

Unfortunately, I can't exactly come out to everyone as "wibbly wobbly sexy wexy," as much as I'd like to.

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2014 at 03:03 PM ----------

I think I have it figured out now, but I can't be completely sure. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, though

#2 sharoy, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  3. Hiems

Rather than pigeonholing yourself to a sexual orientation, you could go with "questioning". Doing so allows you to be open-minded.

Once you figure out where your attractions lie via dating and relationships, label yourself as you see fit.