1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me and Anime Boys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by prussianblue100, Jun 23, 2014.

1. prussianblue100

Okay, so there's something I'm a little confused over. If you read my last thread, you would know that I came out to my sister about four days ago. If you read my other posts, you would know that I love anime as well. One of my favorites is an anime called Hetalia, which is about all the countries of the world personified as people, the majority of them being male countries. (Seriously, there's only like, nine female countries. XD)

Last night, she asked something along the lines of, "If you're gay, then why do you still think that Hetalia characters are cute?" You see, before I found out that I was gay, I had called Hetalia characters (partially Italy and America) cute. I even squealed over a picture of America that she had drawn one time. Because of this, she mentioned the possibility of me being bisexual.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. I am 100% convinced that I like women and am a feminine lesbian. I have been wanting to date a girl or just kiss a girl so badly. However, I don't really feel anything for men. I can only see myself being friends with boys and not having boyfriends. I'm wondering if me fangirling and mentioning how cute they are is only for anime boys or if I can find real life boys attractive too.

What do you guys think about this? Am I actually bisexual, or do I just have a thing for male anime characters?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most anime boys can past for females and saying anime boys are cute does not make you bisexual , if you were you would be sexually attracted to men and women . I'm a lesbian and can tell if a guy is handsome does that make me bi no I don't want to have sex with men or date them.

3. prussianblue100

I guess that's true. I know I'm not sexually attracted to men. I mean, I find the idea of having sex with a man repulsive and disgusting. I can tell if a guy is handsome, but I'm not really thinking of having a future with them or dating them. Girls, however, are a different story. And I agree; a lot of anime boys can pass for girls. XD

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Um... I consider myself asexual(at least for now) and I find many video game characters handsome, but I have no desire in having sex with anybody. You can be a lesbian and think that these anime boys are cute, it has nothing to do with your sexual orientation.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you just have a thing for male anime characters. Because there are many differences between anime characters and real people. Plenty people mistake the gender of male anime characters. I don't even think most of them have facial hair. The vast majority of male anime characters aren't typically physically masculine.

Idealism vs realism. Fantasy vs reality. Aesthetic preferences. You could write countless college papers on it! Ultimately, only you know what you are attracted to.

6. BelleFromHell

I think you just think they're cute. I even like to look at yaoi every now and then and I still consider myself a Kinsey 6. As long as you have no romantic or sexual attraction to real life men, and you don't see yourself being with one, you're still a lesbian.