1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know if I am gay or bi or curious

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by KyleUNsure, Jun 23, 2014.

1. KyleUNsure

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I have always had girlfriends my entire life, until I became depressed and even a little psychotic my junior year of highschool, I lost all interest in my girlfriend, a smokeshow at the time, and started turning to drinking and marijuana to ease my pain. I later found out I had bi-polar disorder and have been put on medications. Since diagnosis I have never felt the same towards girls and just recently have been put on a new med that is helping me feel better, but for the first time I am starting to be more attracted to men than woman and it is frightening since everyone I know and kind of how I know myself has always been straight, anyway do these things pass or change? I am also out of work right now and kind of directionless and have been having questions about identity for a year or so. Any suggestions or comments?

2. MEP91

MEP91 Guest

I would say that the only way for you to truly know is to experiment with men. If you enjoy the sexual part and feel attracted to the guy, then I would say that you might not be 100% straight. But the only way to truly know is by actually doing something with another male. Hope this helps.

3. KyleUNsure

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks, It's kind of scary though, I don't have any gay friends and I wouldn't even know where to start.

4. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi Kyle, welcome to EC. What is your age? I ask not to be nibby, rather I want my suggestions to be appropriate... hope that's ok.