1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know this is common, but I'm so confused!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Joken, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Joken

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok so back in may I posted a thread about being confused about my sexual orientation. First, let me summarize who I am. I'm about to turn 14 in August, I'm female, going into my freshman year in high school after summer, Caucasian, and I think that's enough. So the thread i posted was this word for word: this year I've had a pretty close friend at school. We always talked and we have about 3 classes together. (More than half of the day) about 4/5 months in, I grew suspicious of the fact she liked me, for I knew she was bisexual and she always seemed to mention the fact when I were to say something like " I'd date a female door" Crazy and stupid stuff every middle schooler does here. One day she had even asked if I'd date her if she was a guy. Dumbfounded I said yes, and that's about the time I started to like her. Now we only have three weeks left of school and I'm fairly certain I want to be with her. I like to think I'd go further, if I weren't dating my boyfriend and if she weren't in a relationship with her boyfriend. Every time I see her I want to hug her and cradle her. Be close to her, y'know? And when she's absent or not in a class, I think of her and I just wish she was there. I don't want to risk breaking up with my boyfriend if she doesn't like me, doesn't wanna leave her boyfriend, or if the relationship won't last. But I'm afraid if I lose her this summer, ill be too late... That was my post. So at the moment I'm kinda sorta pretty sure I like this girl. I'm still dating my boyfriend, the girl and I, lets call her Sarah, have each others numbers, and last time we talked was about a week and a half ago. We played games online while talking over Skype a few times. I still get the feeling she likes me as well. Maybe I'm not sure still, or maybe I don't know how to go further. I've said before I don't want to leave my boyfriend to find out she won't break up with hers, or she just doesn't like me that way even though she's openly bi with me. She's told me things she's only told one or two other people and I don't know why. I'm just stuck. I don't know if I should confess or try to get her to. I'm stuck on all the what ifs running through my head. What if she doesn't like me and we stop talking completely if I tell her. What if I say something that makes her think I don't like her so shell never tell me if she likes me or not. I'm scared of the possibilities. Any help is appreciated. I'm just truly stuck between two choices. Two big choices. And a lot of other decisions too. Btw I DO love my boyfriend, but Sarah just seems to give me this amazing feeling when we 'joke around' and hold hands or something. It's odd

2. wanderinggirl

Well hmm. How does being with your boyfriend feel? You say you like flirting with her, do you enjoy flirting with your boyfriend as well? How does it feel to be close to him? Are you staying with him out of fear of being lonely? Or do you miss him when he's not around and feel that he gets you like your friend does?

These are all important questions to answer before you abandon 'ship. Keep thinkin.