1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I a lesbian...?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RainbowSoul, Jun 25, 2014.

1. RainbowSoul

So at around 6 or so this morning one of my good friends, like a brother to me, made a post about me questioning my sexuality. He also recommened I come here to get help so, here I am. We think I might be a lesbian, rather than bisexual, for a few reasons...
    I'm not really attracted to guys
    I haven't had a crush on a boy-- Just girls.
    None of my relationships with guys made me nearly as happy as my ones with girls
    Could I be a lesbian...?

2. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course you could, but only you can answer that.
    Are you sexually attracted to guys at all?
    Do you find them physically attractive?
    Can you form romantic bonds with them and see yourself being in a satisfying long term relationship with one?

If the answer is no to all of the above, you're probably gay.

Then again sexuality is not black and white, it's a continuum, you can still have some attraction to men but be primarily attracted to women, and choose to call yourself a lesbian rather than bisexual, if that feels more correct.
    "Lesbian" is merely a semantic concept anyways, it does not define you nor whom you love. It just helps other people understand what's up.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, I saw that post. And yes, you could be a lesbian. I wouldn't worry about the label much though. When you imagine holding hands/ kissing/ cuddling/ being in a relationship/ being intimate with anyone right now, would it be a boy or a girl?
    P.S. Next time try to date a person who you're really attracted to. :icon_wink

4. BethLauren

I agree with this.

Sexuality is complicated, don't be in a rush to give it a label. There are lots of people (like me) who find that there aren't any labels that fit them that well. And anyway, identifying as a lesbian now doesn't mean you'd have to continue identifying as one if you realised you were interested in boys.

Welcome to EC, anyway. There are lots of people in here who are uncertain of their sexuality, and you'll find lots of friendship and support

(&&&)

5. RainbowSoul

Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

6. lovely lesbian

From it seems to me your gay but you don't have to put a label on it not if you don't want to.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it seems like you're a lesbian, as you sound a lot like myself when I was questioning, but only you can know for sure.