1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SamThes, Jun 25, 2014.

1. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This might come out as a long rant, but I've finally accepted who I am enough to start thinking about sexuality. I might as well figure that out while I'm in this phase of figuring myself out. So here's my situation. I don't think about sex, pretty much ever. I think the last time I thought about it or wanting it was years ago. So I think I might be asexual. Not sure if that's because of the gender dysphoria, or because my religion forbids sex before marriage, or some combination thereof. But I don't even have the desire to have sex. It kind of grosses me out, actually. I don't even really want to kiss anyone, either, and I don't mind that I've never been kissed.

But, I do want a significant other at some point. And this is where I get really confused. I'll only date whoever my religion says is okay to date, which I think means biological males, because my religion will always view me as female, since I was assigned female at birth. But I could be attracted to either gender, or maybe regardless of genders. I'm not entirely sure on that. I remember when I was a kid (kindergarten, lol), I had two crushes. One was on a girl, and one was on a guy. I'm not sure if that really counts. Throughout the years, I've mostly had crushes on guys, though. Almost exclusively. I've also had crushes on a couple of transmen in the past, and I've thought that I could be okay dating a transwoman. So does this make me biromantic, or panromantic, since my ability to be attracted to people doesn't seem to depend much on gender? Or does it matter what attractions I'd actually act on in some way? I'm a little confused. And I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I've been putting off figuring this out for a while, while I focused on my gender identity. Thanks for any input.