1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 Things Not To Ask Bisexuals

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by biAnnika, Jun 25, 2014.

1. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also agreed with that. Why these people just can't understand that the only diffence between a straight and a bisexual is the fact that they're able to feel attracted to both genders just like an heterosexual person? They're normal just like any other person? You know what makes me even more upset? It's the fact that even the members of the community that should support those people are ignorant like that... :eusa_doh:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Too many people are ignorant when it comes to bisexuality

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just go ahead and solve my problems by not dating monosexuals.

5. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

"so are ya chinese or japanese"

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol

I told you I'm Laotian

what ocean ?

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

"Do you have lots of threesomes?"

...FACE. PALM.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love the article, but I despise these stereotypes.

Here's what I don't get from what I've seen in the community: why is it that it seems like gay men don't get it? Why is it that lesbians fight more for bisexuals sometimes than we even fight for ourselves?

I like the gay guys at the discussion group I attend, but one said, "there's plenty of bi guys out there." Well gee, that's funny because we have a sign in sheet for the group, and I'm the only one of the 14 men there that are bisexual(they keep stats). I realize it is a small sample size but my gosh...

Anytime I search for anything about bisexuality online, 80% of it is swinger stuff. While that turns me on, I don't think I'd like to actually DO it. I'd prefer a steady relationship with an open-minded person.

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

LAOS. POPULATION 4.7 MILLION.

.... so, are ya chinese or japanese?

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ahhhhhhhhh forget :confused:

11. In the very little I have talked to people regarding my sexuality (which I'm unsure of) they typically tell me that I can't possibly be bisexual because I have never dated or hooked up with a girl. They say I only feel this way because I'm in college, regardless of any other information I provide to them about it. It's really upsetting and makes it even more difficult for me to decide my sexuality when my peers do not take me seriously.

12. prussianblue100

Haha. This was funny. :grin:

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, and I've never hooked up with a girl either, but it doesn't mean I can't be attracted to them. You know who you like, period. If you think about them after they have left the room or while in bed at night(we've all been there), you cannot deny yourself what the truth is.

14. WriterGoddess

"Oh yeah, how many threesomes have you had??" Well, me and my two hands, but that's besides the point . . .

Unfortunately, I agree - there can be a lot of flack for being bisexual. Hopefully it's by talking about it that we can fix things. *long sigh*

15. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes! Sometimes, it is just the one hand or the occasional no hand.:thumbsup: :lol:

16. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    5. You Married Another Gender; Does That Mean You’re Straight Now?

I had a lesbian ask me this, but she didn't use the word marry or another gender.

17. Alpha78

Out Status:
    A few people
    The most annoying question to me is "How Can You Be Monogamous?". This is the reason why I'm afraid of coming out as bisexual. The thought of being rejected based on an assumption really makes it difficult to have the strength to come out. (Also even causes me to doubt my own sexuality to simply be accepted within the lgbt community) Just because a person is bisexual means nothing when it comes to being monogamous or polygamous. It is more a person's personality or beliefs that causes someone to be monogamous or polygamous, not someone's sexuality.

18. robotunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This immensely annoys me too, the bias is clearly visible online. I try to get lesbian or gay support and there's tons of that out there, emphasizing that love is love and such. But once you search for the same for bisexuals, it's all about sex. Suddenly love isn't part of the equation. Because clearly it's not serious or real enough for it to be about love, right? :rolle:

19. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I found out that bi's are regarded in a bad light even by some in the lgbt community, I almost considered just giving up sex altogether. Maybe it would be easier having no sexuality at all. All my life I have struggled to find acceptance. For some reason I have never quite 'fitted in' to mainstream, straight society in the dating / romantic sense. So when I realized I am probably bisexual (will only know if I'm gay or not when I have actually been with a guy, until then I just can't know for sure), I was happy for a while, I thought, "great, at last I belong, I belong to the wonderfully diverse, inclusive and accepting lgbt community". But now...maybe I should just become a (NON-X'ian) monk after all, or just live as one. Maybe I will never belong anywhere...maybe I ought to just give up sex and forget the whole thing.

No I don't want threesomes. No I am not just a gay afraid to come out. etc etc The most ignorant question of all: "how could you be monogamous?" To those who ask this, I ask in return: "So you like girls, yes? Now, does that mean you like every single girl on the planet? Of course not. Or if you like guys, every single guy on the planet? No, of course not. We all fall for one person, one person we have a special connection with. In my case, that could be a man or a woman, but not both at the same time, fgs! I hated reading about all those misconceptions...truly bi's are the most marginalized group of all.

Sorry bout the emotional rant
    Damien

#19 Damien, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  20. 88Keys

Out Status:
    A few people
    I laughed reading the article but there's also a sad amount of truth to it. I don't know why some people have such a hard time wrapping their head around bisexuality, it ain't that difficult a concept.