1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I call myself bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by saa412, Jun 25, 2014.

1. saa412

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can I call myself bisexual if I am in a committed monogamous relationship with a person of the opposite sex?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes you don't have to date both at the same time to be bisexual .

3. mangotree

If you are bisexual, then calling yourself bisexual is a pretty normal thing to do, regardless of your relationship status.

4. Yes, definitely! Being attracted to the opposite sex is part of being bisexual, just as long as you do have feelings towards women too. You just choose not to act on those feelings now though because you are in a committed relationship with the opposite sex, which doesn't make your sexuality invalid! Even having more of a preference for the opposite sex still makes you bisexual.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This

and the other way around if you had a preference for the same sex your still bi

I'm thinking the reason you asked this question is people probably give you flack for dating a guy , this happened a lot to my bisexual friend she was often bulled for being bisexual and called slut . we didn't go to the same school but we would chat on the phone about it and I would try to make her feel better before her I thought all bisexual girls were sluts , when I got to know her as a person I learned that , was not true , she was just liked me and had feelings and loved just like anyone else unlike me she can love and be with both genders she's a 50/50 bisexual . She taught me a lot about bisexual people without having to tell me anything she just proved me wrong about what I thought about bisexual women by just being strong and just being herself and standing up for herself . After her I learned to respect bisexual women she taught me a great lesson I will never forget .

#6 stocking, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  6. saa412

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the replies. I ask this because tonight I was having a conversation with a (sadly, extremely misinformed and generally ignorant person) about sexuality, and she repeatedly told me that I may as well call myself straight because I am engaged to a cisman and I am a ciswoman (my phrasing, not hers). She said that I'm never going to be with a woman again so there is no point in calling myself bisexual.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's stupid it doesn't matter who you marry you'll always be bisexual she's just ignorant .