1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm bisexual, but I'm not sure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Katze, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Katze

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    To start off I am a female who's never been in any kind of relationship before.

So I have been questioning my sexuality for a while now. I want to identify as bisexual, I don't know why, but I don't know if it's true. I've always been friends with guys. I don't think I've ever had a best friend who was a girl. While growing up I was a huge tomboy, and when I moved to a new school 3 years ago my neighbor thought I was gay.

I normally have crushes on people I know well, so as of now I've only had crushes on guys. There are a few girls I'm friends with, but I don't know them well enough to have a crush on them.

Once at a sleepover with girls I was watching a movie with them, and my friend next to me starts to rub my arm. It felt amazing. I guess she could tell, because she looked over and said, "Do you enjoy that?" Later she held my hand and I rubbed my thumb along the back of her hand. She mentioned it so I stopped.

At another party we played truth or dare and my other friend (who I guess I had a small crush on since she portrayed herself as being very bisexual) was dared to sit on my lap, and I enjoyed it a lot.

I think I might only be attracted to guys because since I'm such a tomboy I'm unintentionally pretty dominant around girls. They see me as being really tough, but I'm really pretty soft on the inside. I feel like in a straight relationship the girl is always soft and sweet, so if I dated a guy I wouldn't have to feel like I have to be tough all the time. I really like it when girls fuss over my long hair, but I don't really like it when guys touch it.

I also write poetry, and most times I write first-person from a guy's or a lesbian's perspective. I don't know why, I just like describing how beautiful a girl is more than a guy.

So it seems like I could be bisexual, but then I remember that I've never had a huge crush on a girl. It always seems like they talk too much or are too up tight, or there's something else I don't like about them. And if they do seem perfect, I feel guilty for fantasizing about them.

I fantasize mostly about guys I know, but I can also fantasize about girls, but not really girls I know for the aforementioned reasons.

I also flirt pretty easily with guys, but with girls I think I'm afraid of being embarrassed is the object of my affection is straight.

And a couple years ago when I thought I might not be straight I always pushed it away. I'm the last biological relative of my section of the family, so I always told myself that I had to carry on the genes

Anyways, I'm sorry for the ramble, but hopefully someone can help me identify myself.

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh i think i get it, just because you are the last of your family does not mean you need to hurry up get married and have kids, you dont have to feel any obligation and/or pressure, your happiness should come first, all girls are not uptight or talk too much, and theres is nothing to feel guilty about just because you fantazise about girls

3. Katze

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Right, but do you think I'm bisexual or just curious?

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    depends, do you feel any sexual attraction to a guy and/or girl? do you feel any romantic attraction towards them? what about emotional attraction?

5. Katze

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have a sexual attraction to both, I'm definitely romantically attracted to guys, I don't know about girls. I think I would be if I found a girl who I thought was perfect. What do you mean about emotional attraction?

6. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    being able to form an emotional connection to them

7. Katze

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes, then. To both.

8. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok, i think you are curious, if want to you could experiment for example, dating a girl

9. 88Keys

Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds to me like you might be bi with a preference for guys. Like Peacemaker said you could try experimenting more with girls, but it might not be necessary. It all depends on you and in the end your label is your decision. So give it time to steep and see what feels right.