1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarification on the term Fluid

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Seeingclearly, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Seeingclearly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was hoping someone could clear this up for me. I understood the term 'fluid' to mean a person's sexual attraction changes over time between the same and opposite sex and may go back and forth between the two multiple times during their lifetime. However, I recently heard someone say to someone else that they may not find the same person attractive from one day to the next and considered this to mean fluid.

I was wondering if other people identify with the latter definition of fluid and if they do is this something that can be hard to deal with because it is hard to remain attracted to one person for a sustained amount of time or is it more complicated than that?

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure that the extent of someone's 'fluidity' varies person to person, but, the way I see it, both of those definitions are the same. The second one just describes a specific person with a more fluid sexuality.

As for your second question - I think it could be difficult for someone if you're going purely off of sexual attraction, but when you add romantic attraction to someone into that mix, it probably becomes less of an issue because you grow to love a person for who they are.