1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's a heteromantic homosexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by stocking, Jun 30, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Can anyone explain this to me I'm confused:confused:?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I guess it means you're sexually attracted to the same gender but only interested in dating the opposite gender? I don't know if that's common or not and it doesn't sound like a very good situation to me

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I guess only falling in love and wanting relationships with the opposite gender, but only feeling sexually interested in the same gender

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

something i would not say in real life, to people

5. wanderinggirl

I wonder if this is common in transition periods when one is coming to terms with being gay or being straight; like, maybe you're used to dating opposite gender people and form connections with them, but you know that your preference is for the same gender and you get more aroused by them. Eventually you find a person who embodies qualities that you like both physically and emotionally, but during the transition maybe those are the patterns you see.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an unrcognized label that often causes more confusion than anything else. There's no credible evidence for a separation between romantic and sexual orientation (other than some brain science indicating the recognition areas are in separate locations.)

In my experience, the "heteroromantic homosexual" has for the most part become the 2014 "bargaining" label, replacing "bisexual" for people who are in the process of coming out and processing that loss (denial-anger-bargaining-grief-acceptance) who aren't yet fully ready to accept themselves as gay.

Now there are some other people that have adopted that label for long periods of time but again, there's no credible evidence for the separation between romantic and sexual orientation, and anecdotally, you see a lot of people adopting that label and then simply changing to "gay" when they are ready to fully accept themselves.

My suggestion is to stick with the labels that have been around a long time, as they seem to do the job for most everyone. :slight_smile:

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone who's romantically attracted to the opposite sex and sexually attracted to the same sex.

It's like... someone who's gay, but still capable of falling in love with the opposite sex. (Though they usually prefer relationships with people of the same sex, since there is sexual attraction.)

8. It's when someone is emotionally attracted to the opposite gender, but sexually attracted to the same one. Like for me, I usually just like to tell people I'm bi or likes both girls and boys, but I am more so of a bi-romantic homosexual - I can fall in love with both genders, but I am only sexually attracted to women.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually wondered this too, I wanted to ask to make sure and understand it didn't want to jump to conclusions

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2014 at 06:31 PM ----------

I think so too but I do like some of the new ones, chip I've also seen this in the reverse where it was bisexual bargaining too

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2014 at 06:34 PM ----------

So is it just a bi romantic homosexual?But just another word for it?

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2014 at 06:35 PM ----------

Ohh