1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for support

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Tardis221B, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Tardis221B

How do you know if you have a crush on someone? Ok I know how you know, but my question is a bit more complex.

For ages I convinced myself that my feelings for men were much more intense then they really were. And now that I’ve realized that I’m bi with a preference for women those feelings have quickly weakened. I had my suspicions about those feelings, and deep down I always knew that they weren’t that strong. However, now a part of me is skeptical of my feelings for women, even though I know in my heart of hearts that they are true feelings. It has become so natural to doubt myself that coming to a place of complete acceptance seems a bit bizarre.

It's also hard to get out of this slump that I've reentered after coming out to my mom because she doesn't believe that I'm bisexual. :icon_sad:

Anyways I guess I'm just feeling a bit lost and could use some support.:help:

2. Richie.

I'm sorry your mom doesn't believe you. Have you had any therapy? Your mom is likely in denial very common for parents I think

We are here for you through thick and thin!!

Peace!

3. Tardis221B

I saw a free therapist at my University a couple of times, and she was very helpful, but I don't have easy access since I've been home.

And thanks I really appreciate the support (*hug*)

4. Gabe92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    To me it seems that you already know yourself. What I suggest is that you stop trying to label yourself to find out where you fit in society and instead BE yourself. Stop worrying about labels and names and date people who you are interested in weather that be the boy you met next door or the girl down at the coffee shop you like. As for your mother I don't have much advice I can give you. Maybe open dialogue and wait for her to come around.

5. Najlen

Seconded. Good luck.(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)