1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The confusion continues ....

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Calix, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Calix

Okay, I'm still trying to work out if I'm gay or pansexual.

See, the thing is I don't mind the idea of being with a girl. In the sense that if I was to fall in love with one then that would be fine.

But generally when I picture my life and who I'm with, it's with a guy.

I'm trying to work out if that's linked to the hetero normative way of thinking I had growing up, where it was normal to picture myself with a guy.

And also wondering if its hetero-normative society that is making me feel I should try a relationship with a girl.

As far as sexual attraction goes, it seems to vary day to day. I find guys more attractive, but I sometimes think sexual interactions with a girl would be more fun. But maybe I only feel that way because I've never actually experienced anything with a girl.

I'm happy if I am in the end Pansexual. But at the same time I'd rather just be able to pick a gender and not be going back and forth like this .... :confused:

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, you can't really just pick a gender, but I know what you mean.

I'm the same way. I believe, by definition, I'm panromantic, but I have a HEAVY preference for men. So heavy, in fact, that when someone asks, I'll just tell them I'm homoromantic. It might feel like cheating, but in reality, if I fall in love, I'll just fall in love. It's also why I don't really place a romantic orientation label on myself, because I feel like it's either too broad or too boxed in. You know?

You sound pansexual to me, but with a preference for men. That's alright. It doesn't make you any less pansexual. All pansexuality is is the ability to feel sexual attraction to anyone. It doesn't have to be evened out.

Some people stick a prefix to pan, like homopansexual or heteropansexual if applicable. Otherwise, they just leave it at pansexual.

Hope that makes sense.