1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to Figure out my Sexual Orientation!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SamThes, Jul 3, 2014.

1. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now that I've got my gender identity all nice and figured out (as figured out as it's going to be, anyway), I think it's time to tackle my sexual orientation. I thought for a little while that I might be asexual, but then remembered that lack of sex drive was a side effect on my meds, so maybe I'm not asexual. But now I'm trying to decide if I'm bisexual, pansexual, or just gay. Kind of a range of options here, sorry. I'm one of the types who doesn't believe in sex before marriage, so I don't have any experience to go off of. And I'm also socially awkward (or maybe not feminine enough even when I'm presenting as female), so I've never kissed anyone either. My church is also against homosexual behaviour (but not homosexuality itself), so I've always assumed that I'm a straight woman. Now that I've realised I'm not even really female and am thus not sure which sex I'm supposed to date according to my religion, I have some room to explore how I feel, and figure out what's going on in this screwed-up head of mine.

So... sorry for the novel. Details that might help: Ever since I was a kid, I've mostly liked guys. But there were a few random crushes on girls thrown in there, although I tried to deny that to myself and only in the past few years classified them as crushes. I've also liked a couple of transmen, and can also see myself being with a transwoman. Especially because in my religion that's about the only type of person I know I'm allowed to date, since they're opposite biological sex and opposite gender. I've just never really known any transwomen, but I can see myself being attracted to them too. And probably to genderqueer or androgynous people as well, although I'd never really thought about it. So what does this make me? Thanks in advance.

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations for finding out your gender identity!

In my opinion, I'd think you're pansexual (if you feel sexual attraction towards them). There are a lot of weird complications when it comes to sexuality, though, like if you're only sexually attraction to men, but you can date any gender. It'll make you panromantic homosexual, not pansexual.

Although, my understanding of sexuality is pretty blurred, so yeah. I wish you good luck.

3. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. One more question. How can I tell the difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction? I'm really inexperienced with all this, so I'm not sure.