1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding it hard to accept

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by NaidNight99, Jul 3, 2014.

1. NaidNight99

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm finding it hard to accept that I may be in fact bisexual. Part of me thinks that I've known for years and just pushed it aside or tried not to think too much into it.
    When I was in middle school, I had a crush on a female teacher and when I realized it, I was horrified, told myself it is wrong and actively tried not to think of her. But I've also thought male teachers were attractive, just not in the same way. When I hit puberty, I was always staring at female classmates chests. One girl even commented to me, "are you gay?". I was so humiliated. But I've also had many crushes on male classmates.
    In high school, I was extremely close with my female best friend, apparently enough for fellow classmates to notice and start a rumor that we were lesbians.
    I had a difficult time with sexual attraction to boys throughout high school and college. I never dated in high school and in college I had a few boyfriends but they didn't "do it for me". They always seem way more attracted to me than I was to them. Part of me thinks I may have just wanted a boyfriend because I was lonely. In fact, due to the lack of sexual attraction to my male classmates, I thought for a while I might be asexual. But I never stopped noticing women. Maybe they were the wrong guys.
    Throughout college, I was very close to a few of my female friends, even getting a bit jealous if they spent more time with other women. I could easily have imagined myself in a relationship with them but again tried actively to repress it.
    As far as my fantasies, most of the time, I fantasize about women. I am very turned on by the thoughts of lesbian sex and I find the female body very erotic. Sometimes I do get off from hetero stuff. I also have loads of erotic lesbian dreams. Some of these dreams aren't necessarily about the sex. I have had a few where I was in a relationship with them and devastated when I couldn't be with them.
    Then my senior year of college, I met a man who for the first time actually turned me on immediately. When I first met him, I began having sexual fantasies about him which was a first for me. Through a difficult series of events including an overly long LDR, he eventually became my husband.
    I am thoroughly happy with him. Our sex life is good. I find his body very erotic and he's a great lover. However the thoughts about women are still there. I still check out pretty women in the street. I still have erotic lesbian dreams and sometimes when I am having trouble getting aroused in the bedroom, I fantasize about women to "help me along."

I recently took one of those Kinsey scale basic tests and I scored a 3 which surprised me because I thought I'd score a 1 or 2.

I have no idea what I am and I feel like I'm hiding something from my husband. It feels wrong but I also don't know how he'd react if I told him. He comes from a very conservative South Asian culture (i.e. homophobic) but he himself is more open-minded than his fellow country-men.

So no idea what I am. It's confusing me but I can't keep repressing the thoughts forever. I admit it feels much better to embrace them rather than force them away. But I can't help but feel like I'm doing wrong to my husband.

:icon_sad: