1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ilovesg, Jul 5, 2014.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I posted a long time ago because I was unsure if I was gay or not. A few months have passed and now Im like 99% sure im a lesbian. But I saw something and I know its stupid but it said something like only 2-10% of the population is gay which isnt a lot and it made me doubt myself. If theres such a small amount of people that are gay am i really? I dont know why i keep making myself paranoid. Nothing against guys but I just dont really want to have sex with one and I know i would much rather have sex with a girl and a relationship. How can I stop being so paranoid? :/

2. Auren

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Even if only 2% of the population is gay, there are like 7 billion people in the world now.

That means that there are at least 140 million gay people on the planet. That is a lot of people.

I think when you're questioning or feel different from what society expects that it can be easy to doubt yourself. But like you said, you're 99% certain that you know what you like, so I think you should try to trust those feelings.

3. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As Auren said, even if the percentage of gay people is small... there are a LOT of people in the world. It seems that you're pretty clear about your feelings so there's nothing to worry about. You're the only one that really matters with regards to this.