1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very confused please help!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Afraid, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Afraid

Hi everyone, recently I have been coming to terms with the idea that I might be lesbian or bi. My parents are not homophobic at all so coming out to them would not be a problem but I do need some advisement on how to label my sexuality. The thing is that I really can't picture myself ever having a relationship with a male. I am only able to imagine myself with girls. I find that I am more attracted to women physically and emotionally. Now, this being said I have only ever had male crushes. These crushes didn't usually last very long and I had NO desire to act on my feelings but certain guys just gave me butterflies. I was never like my friends who would obsess for months about guys they like. There are girls I know that I find very attractive but I don't get as nervous around them as I do boys. What does this mean? I don't know anyone lesbian or bi so I'm not sure who to talk to about this. Thanks for your imput. (!)

2. Diferent Kind

Hey there :slight_smile:
    Thank you for finding the courage to talk about it :wink:
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. I used to never act on my feelings towards boys,
    even if i though i liked someone i never made a move and felt uncomfortable when they got too close. Then i finally worked up the nerve to presue a male friend of mine.
    We kissed, and it didn't feel bad, but afterwards, it was clear that i did not want anymore.

That was the point that i knew i felt more physically attracted to girls. I love guys as friends, nothing beyond that. It's a long road to figuring out what you actually want.
    You just have to try, fall and get up again, before you learn everything about yourself.

I told my family and they support me. One thing i would advice is, don't try to lable yourself. It makes it al the more confusing, just feel what you feel, knowing you don't owe anyone an explaination for being you. :slight_smile:

I hope i helped, if you want, we could be friends on EC. :grin:

#2 Diferent Kind, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey don't worry a lot of people including myself have been in a similar place to where you are now, it can be very confusing but we can help you work it out.

If you sat in a coffee shop and watched people walk past who do you think you would notice more guys or girls?

Don't worry this isn't definitive, I think for me talking to different people on EC helped me think about things in different ways and then I could make my own conclusions.

You have taken one of the hardest steps by signing up to EC and making your first post (*hug*).