1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Romantic Attraction vs. Sexual Attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SamThes, Jul 7, 2014.

1. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wondering... how do you know the difference between romantic attraction and sexual attraction?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I don't want to have sex with them, but still feel like I want to be in a non-platonic relationship with them, then it's romantic. If I want to have a sexual relationship with them, it's sexual.

It won't be as cut and dry for others, but for me, it's pretty clear between sexual and romantic attraction.

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well romantic attraction is to me like you want to be close to that person and spend the rest of your life with them , be around them all the time and date them .

sexual attraction to me is I want to sleep with that person , desire sex with them or as others would say I want to bang that person . or I want to take off my clothes and share my body with them .

4. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Romantic attraction is based in feelings, like you want to love that person. But Sexual attraction is rooted in desire, like you want to have sex with them.