1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tampons and Sexual Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by prussianblue100, Jul 9, 2014.

1. prussianblue100

Last summer, my family went on a trip to Omaha, Nebraska (very lovely place, by the way). We were going swimming at the hotel we were staying at. I was also on my period. You know what that means! Tampons! Yay! What fun! Not. It hurt like hell when she put it in. And when we were swimming, I was literally asking the whole time, "Is it gonna hurt when you take it out?"

What caught my attention was that when she was annoyed at one point, she asked, "How are you ever gonna have sex?" I asked her what she meant and she said that when you put a tampon in, it sorta feels like a man's penis. Except penises are a lot bigger.

Every time I ever think of straight sex, I think of that trip and the tampon. In fact, closing my eyes and thinking of doing anything romantic or sexual with a man makes me feel either bored, unsatisfied, disgusted, or thinking of how much better a woman would be. That's partly how I know I'm a lesbian.

I'm also not sure if I'm homosexual or asexual. I know that I'm definitely homoromantic as I can picture dating a woman. I can just imagine cuddling and even doing little Eskimo kisses with her. The farthest I can ever get with a guy is being best friends forever and playing video games and stuff.

However, if I were to do lesbian sex I would be very picky about it. No fingering. No dildos. (In fact, no penetration in general.) No biting my privates (sucking and licking is okay, I guess). I'm not even sure if I'd be okay with scissoring.

So, what do you think? Would it be correct to assume a penis feels like a tampon, but bigger? Am I homoromantic or asexual? Why does the earth revolve around the sun!? Any input would be great and thanks in advance for your advice. (I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone I know about this. :icon_redf)

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Some lesbians don't like being penetrated, even by a finger. I personally hate it. I'm okay with other things though.

You'd be homosexual if you have sexual interest in girls, regardless of the kind of sexual activity, and asexual if you're not attracted to -any- sexual activity.

3. GeekMonkey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I obviously don't know what a penis feels like, but I'd assume it doesn't feel like a large tampon, since the texture would be a lot different. And a penis would probably warm and more flexible.

That being said I personally love penetration, fingers, dildos, the works. I just don't like penises or men in general for that matter.

If you can imagine having any kind of sex with a women, you're gay. Only if you're only comfortable with mutual masturbation and oral sex.

So the question is, can you imagine having sex with a girl? Do you want to sleep with girls you're attracted to? If yes, then you're a lesbian.

4. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Try not to draw too many comparisons between penetration with a tampon and penetration by other things. Remember a tampon is a tool for practical hygiene, not something inserted for pleasure like fingers or a dildo or whatever. I personally have tried penetration with a dildo a few times and never got much out of it, just felt uncomfortable and weird, however I am fine with tampons and in fact wouldn't use anything else. As I recall it (tampon) was uncomfortable to insert the first few times I tried when I was about your age but after that it was fine.

In terms of orientation, some lesbians enjoy penetration and others don't so it doesn't really tell you much. Like GeekMonkey said it's better to ask yourself if you're attracted to women if you want to figure out orientation.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not all lesbians like penetration , I like penetration but I have met other lesbians that don't .

6. TheStormInside

I can't really speak to the sexual penetration, but I will say that when I first started using tampons it was really uncomfortable, too. Now I'm pretty used to it. You may also want to try a smaller size tampon to see if that helps with the discomfort. When I was younger all I could tolerate were the "light" ones. I doubt that your feelings toward tampons can give you much of an indication of your sexual orientation, however.

7. prussianblue100

I can visualize touching a girl's breasts and rubbing against her body. I also imagine maybe licking or sucking her privates a little bit. So, I guess I'm homosexual. That's what that kinsey scale test said too (Kinsey 6/Exclusively homosexual). Thank you.

Pretty much the same answer given for Fallingdown7, but thanks anyway. :slight_smile:

Yeah. Maybe I just don't like penetration. My mom said I'll get used to the feel of them, but I'm not so sure about that. Once I went swimming on my period, no tampon, and aside from a little blood on the suit, it was all good.

I'm guess I'm one who doesn't.

You're right. Maybe I should get a smaller one. I'm not sure what size I was using, but whatever. I just assumed that the feel of a tampon is similar to a penis because of what my mom said.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    and it's ok if you don't

9. PotatoSmuggler

Some people just aren't into penetration and there is nothing wrong with that. I used to hate tampons too, but it's nothing like sexual penetration. Too each there own though.