1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do other guys also like swapping roles?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Damien, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello all,

well this is a slightly awkward topic for me, but the only way to get help is to be honest, so here goes. I have a pretty good sense of what I am seeking in a male lover already, even though I've not had a boyfriend as yet. I feel pretty much like I will want to embody both roles, the masculine and the feminine, that's my own way of expressing it, can't think of how else to put this. Sometimes I will want to ravish and possess my guy, make sweet love to him and really give it to him, if you'll pardon my directness here. But at other times, I will want to be ravished myself, for him to damn well give it to me, and this is where I will feel more feminine. I already know this, no need to elaborate but it's pretty clear to me. I'm not sure if any other guys feel this way, to desire both roles, to be able to enter into the masculine mood, then at some other time, slip into the feminine mood. I really enjoy the idea of both of these, and would love to explore both. But, and this is probably a stereotype but I'm quite new to this world so bear with me, I had been given the impression over my 'straight' years, that most gay guys are either 'one' or 'the other', and are not into totally swapping their roles, moods, and I must be upfront here, sexual positioning, you know what I mean. Because if I was the one 'giving it' to a guy, I'd be as masculine as if I were making love to a woman. But if I were the one receiving, well heh kind of bashful to admit this, but I think I'd slip into this kind of 'feminine mode' and become somewhat like a girl. God help me, I'm a confused boy at present, yet also savour a sense of anticipation, that maybe, there are some other guys out there in the world who would be similarly inclined.

Ok I'm embarrassed now but this is ec and where else on Earth am I going to feel ok to ask such a question?

thanks for reading
    Damien.

2. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are definitely not alone in your wanting to be both masculine and feminine with someone, as that's what i wish to happen when i find someone. The only reason that both those terms exist in my opinion is society trying to place people in roles they think certain people should be in.
    Nomatter what many men and women straight, gay, bi, trans, etc have wanted to switch the roles even for a minute so don't be confused because you don't fit into a category that society has defined because those roles are behind the times.
    Hope you don't let this bother you for long as you are not alone in this struggle.
    Hope this helps

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really think about it in terms of masculine/feminine--I don't really think in those terms much in general--but in my experience most gay guys (I haven't been with a lot of bi guys) are versatile. I don't think you'll have any problem finding guys who are willing to swap.

4. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, it does help. It felt awkward for me to express what I wrote above, but I feel less so now. :slight_smile:

5. uniqueness

uniqueness Guest

Yes. It is called being versatile.

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    'Versatile' sounds pretty good to me. Thank you for sharing your greater knowledge of this subject. As I said, I am new to this world. I feel like I am just setting sail into uncharted waters. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in how I feel, though, thank you.

Just one other thing, the connection with the person, ultimately, means more to me than exactly 'what' we will do. Sure I've got lots of desire, but ultimately, making love is about just that - love.
    Damien :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 10th Jul 2014 at 11:29 AM ----------

Rereading what I wrote, and thinking about the replies, I just realized that to be completely honest, I want my 'default' mode to be as masculine, so to speak, because what really attracts me is a guy who is effeminate, who I could relate to kind of as if he were a girlfriend, except he is a guy, with everything that entails. I long most of all for a guy who is a bit girlish in his manner, can act straight on the way to my place and back so the local thugs don't try to beat us up, but once we get to mine, well...

Seriously I have NEVER expressed anything as 'out there' as this in my entire life. I can still hardly believe I am here, desiring this so deeply, and actually writing about it.

#6 Damien, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  7. Jim1454

As already stated, a lot of gay guys are 'versatile' in that they like to both 'give' and 'receive' in bed. That's certainly the case for my husband and I. We both enjoy both roles in bed.

I don't think of one as being feminine and the other being masculine though. We're both men. There's nothing really feminine about either of us. It's just that we physically enjoy all the different opportunities in gay sex. Why limit yourself to just half?

If I were you, I wouldn't necessarily limit yourself in terms of who a potential partner might be by how effeminate they are. The reality is that you'll want someone who is compatible with you in terms of the things you like to do, the foods you like to eat, the movies you like to see, the places you like to go, etc. And yes, based on how compatible you are in bed. But most of those things won't be a function of how effeminate a person is. In fact, if you tend to be more of a 'man's man' then the things I've listed above might be very different for you than for someone more effeminate. Not necessarily, but possibly.

It's too bad that people might still need to 'pretend' to be who they are not when out in public, but I guess that is the reality in some places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.