1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women are exhausting...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by QueSera, Jul 10, 2014.

1. QueSera

QueSera Guest

I identify as a lesbian and have been out since my first serious girlfriend around age 18 (I'm 25 now). However lately I'm just tired. It seems like every woman I meet can be summarized into 3 categories: The U-haulers who are only looking for a warm body to place their fantasies upon, The empty fortresses who demand you jump through hoops only to receive all their emotional unavailability and last The mad scientists whom only wish to use me as a sexual experiment. I dream of the day I meet an emotionally available woman interested in me for more than my body but it seems that day shall never come.

Yesterday a man came into the store where I work and began to flirt with me. He isn't the first to do this but he was different. His energy was gentle and he seemed to be genuinely interested in what I had to say. In that moment I considered what it might be like to date him...he is attractive, goal oriented, respectful, and open but there was no chemical rush, no spark of passion that I feel when near a woman I'm attracted to. I believe in time I could enjoy his company and companionship but I'd never feel that raw animalistic passion of wanting him. I feel so selfish for even considering entering into anything with this man but I'm lonely, tired and feel like I'm wasting my youth seeking something that many older lesbians still haven't found. I am unsure how I will proceed but I needed an outlet for all this "blah"

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I honestly have felt that way recently but I can't bring myself to be with men again plus they have their problems it's not always good either side but sometimes the bs women throw at you can make you feel like fuck it let me try men but for me I just cant' do the date men thing if I were to date a man again I just prefer no sex just keep me company because I'm lonely and in the past I have used men like that because I was just lonely .The lesbian dating world can be so hard in my case for a baby lesbian . But if you want to start a relationship with this guy go ahead if it works for you .
    But I know the feeling of ugh women are exhausting , You love them but man they can be a pain sometimes but maybe you and I are just meeting the wrong type of women for me though I only met one other lesbian but the only option I have to being with other woman is just experimenting with curious straight girls or bi curious women . That's all I got or bisexual women that just want sex . I have not met any relationship seeking lesbians .

3. WorldWalker

Do not settle being with a man out of convenience or loneliness if that's not what you want. I have settled time and time again out of loneliness or the need for companionship and for that reason I have ALWAYS ended up unsatisfied. You're right, some women are difficult. It seems that every single time I would find a girl I thought I could fall for she was only into girls when she was drunk or only wanted to bring me home to her husband to fulfill some sexual fantasy. I also tend to fall for straight girls... Anyway, I settled and although I do love my best friend, being in a heterosexual relationship feels so wrong...

4. Really

I wonder if it isn't because the process of finding a mate is rather artificial, for want of a better word, so we don't know what we're getting until it's too late? Over the years, we make friends more organically for the most part, right? In school, at work ... These people are just around all the time and we naturally gravitate towards eachother due to similar interests, shared outlooks, whatever but it happens naturally. If there was some way to replicate this in the dating world, I think we'd have more success, no?
    I guess the answer really is: "Do what you love and the money will follow" where money=love, in this case. ie. Do things you enjoy, for yourself, and you will find others with similar interests and outlooks, one of whom will then come to love your body. :wink:

That's my plan, anyway.

I'm guessing you don't really want a man but it sure is nice getting some positive attention. Just take it as affirmation that you've got something desirable to offer.

5. lowkey

lowkey Guest

I feel like gay guys to me are similiar, everytime i talk to a guy they become lovey dovey in love in less than a week. i cant it, or they are complete whores, i cant get into the grimey aspect of whores like some. everytime a girl flirts with me i also ponder the idea of taking her on a date, some woman, not all but some straight women are genuinely honest and mature. and while i can have sex witha woman for the emotional aspect, and to 'taste them' it isnt a spark like that of a guy.
    , it does have an interesting 'mystery' appeal though which a guy doesnt have. but so far its hard to find a gay guy who is compatible. whereas i run into women more often who are emotionally compatible and super cute.

I know of 6 lesbians. 2 are unfaithful and whoreish, 1 is to lovey dovey to quick (in love in the first week), and another 2 are in a relationship together for 3 years strong, and 1 that was a lesbian but within 4 years of breaking up with her lesbian lover of 4 years, has been guy for about 2-3 years and now they have a kid... i didnt think she was bisexual, but maybe she isnt and its more platonic. who knows

#5 lowkey, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  6. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah women are hard work. Lest I've been blest in one way

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Maybe it's an example of how sexuality can be fluid and not black and white. Because a woman can be lesbian all her life yet fall for one guy

8. QueSera

QueSera Guest

It's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this that's for sure. I think I've just experienced so much annoying crap with women in the past year (from stalking to just your everyday liar/cheat) that I'm just jaded. I'm not necessarily interested in trying men so to speak as much as I'm interested in trying this man. I usually find straight men super aggressive, narcissistic and entitled and honestly they remind me of kids. I just wish that a woman would approach me in the manner he did. Instead of ya know bringing up marriage on the first date or asking if I'd like to help them figure out if they like girls or get over an ex.

As far as pursuing interests solo in hopes of finding
    Ms. Right...that hasn't seemed to work so far. I find women just the wrong type of women. I'm pretty introverted and don't mind doing things alone however it'd be nice to share my experiences with someone genuinely interested in sharing them with me.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sera if a woman wanted a relationship after meeting is that a turn off?

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Women can really suck in the dating field sometimes; It's the reason why I'm single. I'm sick of these experimental straight girls or the ones that try to get in your pants. Or even the ones that commit too early.

11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel ashamed to say this but I'm one of those women she's talking about, I don't stalk, or want to marry a woman when we first meet but I end up liking her too quick, and will want to date her after meeting her and want a relationship. Prefer to live on my own I don't like the whole U haul thing. But I get extra excited when I meet another lesbian because it's hard to find one. It's something I'm currently working on
    . But I'm glad l read this
    I'm a baby lesbian maybe that's why. But we need to bring,back mystery when dating and meeting women.

#11 stocking, Jul 10, 2014
  12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

That doesn't bother me really, as long as It's not U haul. I think wanting a relationship is cute.

13. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This might sound a bit of a novel idea, but you could get to know him as a friend, and in time even relate your situation to him, if there was sufficient trust; he might even be understanding and be able to give you a sort of emotional connection that will nurture you, which although it isn't sex, might still nourish your soul as you wait for the woman who will be able to do that for you, too. Some straight guys really are able to just be friends with a woman, without ever trying to push that boundary; I was an example of that myself. Sp long as you are honest about the boundaries of the friendship, it isn't using him at all.
    Damien. :slight_smile:

14. QueSera

QueSera Guest

No it's definitely not a turn if a woman wants a relationship after meeting, I didn't mean to imply that. I'll give you an example: I was out with a woman one night and she was charming and we were flirting it was great...and then she started talking about sperm donors for our children. This was the first date. I think you should be excited about a new relationship but it shouldn't go from hello to marriage.

Damien you're right friendship is a possibility and maybe he'd be ok with a platonic boundary. I do have slight trust issues with men but who knows maybe he is as different as he seems and we could actually be besties in time. I think my gripe was just that this guy's approach was flawless and a part of me wishes I could date him with a clear conscious.

15. women fall into many different categorys.
    you just havent met the right women you click with or have better common ground with.
    dont give up, just be yourself and try not to look for a relationship. try to just look for new friends more than anything, before you know it a girl who you click with will probably be found that way.

16. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't the best luck with women and honestly its the reason why I am currently in a relationship with a guy (my kids father.) I've known him since I was 15 years old, so we have a lot of history. I do love him, but honestly, I am sad and lonely.

I miss being with a woman A LOT, but I am currently pregnant, so I am not in the position to start dating anyone anytime soon. I was in a relationship with a girl last year, but we decided to go our separate ways. And honestly, even if I wasn't pregnant I don't think I'd be ready to date another woman anyway. I'm just not ready to put my all into someone only for them to have a change of heart.

IMO I don't think you should date this guy unless you are really interested in getting to know him, but make sure you are up front with him. If things do not go anywhere then at least you can say that you tried.

One more thing, have you ever tried online dating?

#16 pinklov3ly, Jul 10, 2014
  17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow that would have scared me sperm donor , man that's crazy.

---------- Post added 10th Jul 2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

I'm going to try this

18. QueSera

QueSera Guest

I've tried online dating and it seemed like mostly hook ups to me. Online dating sites have opened my eyes to the fact that my city is surprisingly kinky lol.

I won't bother thinking about this anymore. I still think women are exhausting but, eh. I'll be honest with him because I can't ruin a potentially good guy just because I feel impatient or old etc. We'll see what happens

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah I tried online and it seems all the girls want to do is hook up and I want more than a hook up too . It's good that your going to be honest .

---------- Post added 11th Jul 2014 at 09:50 AM ----------

That's good , I like to start out on little dates and stuff then we go steady you know , but no U haul not til a couple of years .

20. wanderinggirl

It sounds like you're meeting all the shallowest lesbians! Ones who don't really want genuine connection. Maybe we're all tired of being alone, but that doesn't mean we should go around using each other.

One day you'll find a person you're attracted to and genuinely connect with. You can't force sparks with someone, but it's good that you're being open-minded about dating. Just don't lead him on if you don't think you'll be interested in him.