1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay or bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by maselalala, Jul 10, 2014.

1. maselalala

I'm confused about my label... should I really be calling myself bisexual? I've only been attracted to four girls in my life.. and I can't even count the guys... I'm happier calling myself gay, but I know there may be a few women out there I may be attracted to. I know I love men, especially twinks(I look at personality first), and I prefer dating men, but should I call myself bi because Im attracted to a FEW girls... I mean I'm happy dating guys and the sound of having a BOYfriend.... makes me feel so much. I get butterflies in my stomach and my toes curl I feel that great when I say boyfriend. But when I think and say girlfriend, just no. boring. And the attraction to the girls in question is limited. Soo.. should I label myself as gay, or bisexual?

2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll quote from one of my previous answers to give my opinion as labelling as bi:

In order to identify as bi, all you need to do is answer the following. Do you feel attracted to girls in anyway or to any degree? Next, do you find yourself attracted to guys in anyway or to any degree? If the answer to both of these is yes, then you can label yourself as bisexual if you so choose.

You see being bisexual just means you have the capacity to be attracted to people of all genders. This doesn't mean you have to be attracted to both genders in the same way, at the same time or to the same degree. Some people have phases of alternating between one and the other gender at different times whilst others don't. Some are 50/50 attracted to men and women whilst some have a preference towards one over the other.

You say you tend to be more attracted to guys over girls. That's fine, it just means you have your own unique tastes, which is completely normal. To iterate this, let me give you my own example.

I don't have a preference of women over men or vice versa. However it is more likely I'd find a girlfriend than a boyfriend. The reason is, I have a very broad and general taste in women, but a very specific taste in the type of guy I'd find. However, if you put mr and mrs perfect (as per my tastes) in front if me, I would find it exceptionally difficult to choose.

So as you see, it's not always straight up black and white. Everyone has their own unique preferences. The thing it, try not to get too hung up on the labels. The important thing is you be honest and true to yourself. If you are attracted to someone, and you are comfortable with it, then don't let gender be an issue in the matter and appreciate them for who they are rather than what they are.

I know it can be confusing at first. Many if us have been through this. I too had to get comfortable with being bisexual so I could honestly reflect and evaluate my actions and feeling on the matter. This is also a normal process, and again the key is being honest with yourself, no matter what you discover.

Finally, at the end of the day you can choose to identify and label yourself however you want. If you prefer to identify as gay, then that's completely up to you and is totally fine. It's all about what makes you feel comfortable.

I hope that helps somewhat. If you have any further questions, either respond on this thread or feel free to write on my wall.

Happy days

3. maselalala

4. lowkey

lowkey Guest

you are also 16... when you are that age, your sexuality may still be solidifying. there is a good chance your attraction to woman thus far is purely your hormones and curiousity. by the time you are 18-20 you will know where you stand alot more.

5. maselalala

I'm thinking you're right. Thank you!! And yea something's screaming in by mind use the words gay. Like I mean I feel gay, Ya know? And I'm really limited with women. Like extremely limited. I think I'll label myself as homosexual. :slight_smile:

6. ABeautifulMind

I think you should. Because it sounds like its what you really want :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. John2517

Well think of it this way (and this is actually the current case for me summed up).
    I love girls. I'm very attracted to them, but there is a guys I find attractive and wish I could date. And there are a limited number of guys at the time I feel any attraction to. Am I straight or bi? Now, my orientation says bicurious but that is due larger in fact that I haven't come to terms with being bisexual yet. I'm not sure yet so I'm not putting the label on. Bicurious is all I'm sure about. The point is.... If you had a friend who was 99% hetero but there was one or two guys he would chase! if he straight, or bi?

8. Greeley

I call myself gay because of the 90% of my attraction is to men.
    but then again there are the odd few women that i have a physical attraction too for example; Eva Longoria, Mila Kunis, Emma Stone, Hayden Panetierre....
    But i sometimes over think that i see these VERY stunning women as just VERY stunning women.... I dont think it could actually have a happy mental & physical relationship with one.

9. maselalala

Thank you all for the awesome replies! And yea I'm much happier being gay, and it feels like me. I feel gay, I am gay, and It's an amazing feeling. I'm so happy! ^_^