1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by goodolmoon, Jul 11, 2014.

1. goodolmoon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    First off, I apologize because I'm sure there are tons of topics similar to this and hearing it over and over is probably annoying.

I'm so confused about my sexuality. I've gone back and forth so many times, from straight to bisexual to lesbian to straight back to lesbian to bisexual and I cannot seem to figure out a true "label," I guess, for myself.

I find guys attractive, and I find girls attractive. Sexually, I've never been with anyone. I haven't had a relationship with anyone. What I'm confused about is the fact that I would have sex with a girl, and I would be romantically involved with a woman. While there are some men I would have sex with, they're very few and far between. Up until now, 90% of any crushes I've had on men have been innocent celebrity crushes, mostly when I was younger.

It feels wrong saying I'm bisexual if I'm not really interested in having sex with a man, but it also feels wrong saying I'm a lesbian if I find some guys attractive. I don't know what to think or what to do. Any help?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bisexual people don't have to be attracted to both men and women equally. Plenty of bisexual people have a preference. It doesn't make them any less bisexual.

You can go with the lesbian label if you want, as I'm wondering if I should go with the gay label as well, even if I'm asexual and probably capable of being in a relationship with a woman. But, like you, it's very blurry, so I'm also questioning.

I hope it gets sorted out soon. Don't stress too much about it. (*hug*)

3. goodolmoon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much (*hug*)
    Gahhh, why is this stuff so difficult?!

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If only I knew. :lol:

You'll find out eventually. Just keep searching, but most likely, it won't come overnight. Just know that you can't force yourself into any label. Find something you're totally comfortable in, or don't use a label at all. There's no rush.

5. Mogget

Sexual and romantic orientation don't always line up. For example, I'm more or less exclusively attracted to guys sexually, but I can and do form desires for romantic relationships with both men and women. It's quite possible that you're into both men and women sexually, but only women romantically.

6. goodolmoon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, I agree with you. Or maybe reversed, if that makes sense? I'd have a relationship with either, but not really men sexually. Like, Kinsey scale 4 or so? I'm probably talking out my arse right now trying to work this out, haha!

7. Mogget

Sorry, I misinterpreted you. I'm basically the same way, except for being into guys sexually, but be into having a relationship with someone of any sex/gender.

8. goodolmoon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, no worries! All good! :slight_smile:
    Haha, so basically, we both need 65 words to articulate our orientations, huh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Mogget

Somewhere on here there's a post where I did exactly that, I believe I took almost 100. But I can't find it now :frowning2:

---------- Post added 11th Jul 2014 at 02:46 PM ----------

Ah-ha! Found it.

10. goodolmoon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, wow! :lol: (Also, you sound exactly like me! With reversed genders, of course.)