1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure Of Orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Crystal's Vaporeon, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Crystal's Vaporeon

I've recently become single and I realized I'm not really sure what orientation I am. I normally identify as bicurious because I had no real experience with girls but after talking to one of my straight female friends I realized if she wasn't straight I would be extremely interested in dating her. This has made me question whether or not I identify as bisexual or something else.
    Is there an online test or something I could do to help shed some light on this?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, no, I don't think there's really a test, unless you want to take the Kinsey scale one, which seems to have a lot of haters. Haha.

I think it depends on where your sexual attraction goes, versus your romantic attraction. It's totally possible that you want to have sex with only women, but date both men and women. So that would make you a biromantic lesbian (or gay woman, whichever you prefer). If it's the opposite, you could be a homoromantic bisexual woman.

Of course, labels are completely optional. Pretty sure you're sick and tired of hearing that by now, but it's really not our place to tell you what you are or aren't.

3. Crystal's Vaporeon

I personally like the idea of labels, not to be used to discriminate but so you know who you have a chance with, I mean if my friend didn't identify as straight I would probably try ask her out.

And personally as long as I find I like a persons looks and personality their gender and what parts they have doesn't bother me.

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I know what you mean on that.

I don't really mean about what parts they have, but would you have sex with anyone, regardless of what their gender and/or under parts are? And how about romantic relationships?

5. Crystal's Vaporeon

Well relationship wise I don't think I would mind what gender they were as long as I was attracted to them and sexually I would probably try make it work. I haven't really met anyone I was attracted to who didn't identify was the gender they were born as so I wouldn't really know. My best friend is trans but she isn't really my type so I can't use her to figure this out :/

6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like you may be both biromantic and bisexual, then. Or panromantic and pansexual, whichever you prefer, heheh.

Pretty sure you know this, but in the case you are, you can have preferences. It doesn't make you any less bisexual/pansexual, whichever. In fact, a lot of people have preferences. It's totally okay.

You can also add on a 'demi' to your label, like demibisexual or bidemisexual. That means you only begin to get attraction after a bond is formed.

7. Crystal's Vaporeon

What is the difference between bi/pansexual. I always kind of identified as bi because I just assumed I was attracted to males and females. but I've realized there is a lot more than male and female and gender isn't a huge thing for me, so would that makes me pan?
    And what exactly does demi mean?

8. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not entirely sure myself, but here's a quote:

[sorry if you don't want to be quoted, Wuggums]

Demi literally means 'half,' but when you put it to an orientation, it means you have to have a bond before you start experiencing attraction towards someone.

Demisexual = someone who only experiences sexual attraction after a bond
    Demiromantic = someone who only experiences romantic attraction after a bond

9. Crystal's Vaporeon

So I guess by the sounds of I would probably be pansexual... and maybe demiromantic...
    Theres so many different ways to identify... Its so complicated >.<

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2014 at 12:22 AM ----------

But my friend (Who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do) said I would probably be multisexual(?) and I don't even know what that is!

10. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah. I know. Haha. I think I may just stay questioning forever. xD

But we'll figure it out. Eventually. c: