1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by onehorror, Jul 12, 2014.

1. onehorror

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there EC community! Im a 14 year old girl and ive been have thoughts that I could be gay? For about the past 3 years now I kind of had the feeling that I might be bi, but the more I think about it the more I see that im not comfortable with the idea of being in any sort of relationship with a guy. Sure I can look at a guy and say that he might be good looking but there is no sexual attraction. On the other hand instead of fantasizing about being with a guy or in a relationship with one I only really do that with girls. When I was 11I told 2 of my bestfriends at the time that I think im bi but as far as coming out goes thats all ive done. I feel like its time that I face the truth but im having a hard time figuring it out. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated!

2. Tyrael

Hi there. I would say at your age (I'm not trying to sound like some old dude, but I am I guess) it's normal to feel a little mixed up about guys and girls. Sure some people know for sure they are gay/straight/bi etc by the age of 14, but my opinion is most people are still pretty confused. Assuming you haven't had any sexual contact yet, there's still things to find out. I'm not saying you can't be gay until you've tried things, I'm just saying if you're not sure then there is still plenty time to figure it out. And often physical aspects help with that.

However, you know how you feel. If you genuinely feel like you couldn't see yourself in a relationship with a guy then that's ok. I would just say keep your mind open for now, you might find you're bisexual and not gay, who knows :slight_smile: there's no wrong answer. You came to the right place, everyone on here is willing and able to help. Have a look around and keep checking back, you'll find lots of helpful stuff here and open minded people.