1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by maxp, Jul 13, 2014.

1. maxp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post. For the past few months, I've been pretty unsure of where I am. I've liked girls as long as I can remember, but recently, I've been finding myself attracted to guys as well. I want to try out a relationship with a certain guy, but I have no idea where to start. I don't even know if he's straight or not, and I've been friends with him for about a year, so I don't want to ruin our friendship or anything. How would I ask him out on a date if we've already hung out as friends? I haven't told anyone, and I'm just really scared.

2. AlexL

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, welcome!

1st of all, I think that before asking him out on a date, you should try asking certain questions in appropriate moments/conversations, to see if he is straight or not. This will keep you from ruining your friendship at the 1st moment.

If you find out that he is gay, bi or whatever, then I think you can try to ask him out.

Hope that I helped you :icon_bigg

3. maxp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks so much! Any suggestions on what I should say? I don't think the topic has ever come up before...

4. meg189

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe try bringing up the topic of a gay celebrity to see how he reacts or find a way to ask about past relationships he has had. Look to see if he checks out any guys, or seems flirty with them (although if he's not he could just be shy)

5. I have found that a lot of bi men aren't very public with their orientation. If you have been friends for a year already, I'd just bring up sexuality in a conversation and ask him straight forward what he is. (Just that though, don't even talk about a date until you know for sure to avoid harming the friendship). Obscure questions will get obscure answers in need of interpretation, so be somewhat direct about what you ask. I did that with a friend of mine, and everything was fine. She ended up being straight, but our friendship didn't suffer at all. Hope that helps.